Chapter 23: Breaking Out

Sparrow's POV

I tossed a purple potion to every person, and gave everyone another Speedness potion. I myself, made them, and it was easy to do nowadays, after all, I was a sorcerer, like my dad. 

"Ok, so everyone, we have to get out as fast as we can!" I hollered, and immediately after saying that,  a slap knocked me on my head.

"Are you trying to get us caught?!" Cosmelia hissed, gesturing to the stairwell. I listened closely and then heard what Cosmelia was getting fussy about. A chatter of voices were upstairs, clearly rejoicing our capture, or so they thought.

"And how do you propose we get out?" I hissed back.

"Maybe a spell?" Angel whispered. "Or you know, I could blow torch all the guards."

"Ok, look, I know they locked us in here." I said slowly. "But it isn't their fault." 

"Oh, so you think they went, 'Oh, we love you all, so we're going keep you in this fantastically refurbished dungeon, where we keep prisoners who normally get executed in a few days.' They did this consciously!" Cosmelia muttered.

"No, I'm just saying that-" 

"They were probably misfed information about us, considered we're all supporting the rebel, and so they think we're the bad guys, without knowing the bad guy is their leader." Cara finished. "Now, can we just quit arguing about this topic, for just the moment, and concentrate on getting out of this Notch-forsaken dungeon!"

"Agreed." Angel said. "I swear, I feel like there are spiders all over my scales."

"Ugh, fine." Cosmelia muttered. "But I'm leaving you behind the second we get out of here."

"I'm sure that's not the case." I said in a singsong voice. 

"Shut up, before I tell Angel to incinerenerate your stupid face." Cosmelia said. "Besides, I need to concentrate to make sure the spell comes out alright."

We all held our breaths as Cosmelia held out the staff, and whispered a few words to it. While she murmured some more incantations, the orb inside started to glow, a dim blue slowly turning into a polished aquamarine. She pointed her staff at the wall, and the brick that had inlaid themselves so tightly, starting to peel off the wall, landing in neat piles on the floor. She gestured to the gaping hole in the wall, and motioned for us to go outside. Before we could take a step outwards, an alarm started blaring.

The redstone torches on the wall starting to flash a vibrant red, and we could hear the guards that were, a few minutes ago, celebrating, were now running down the stairs. Dust flew in the air, as at least thirty to forty guards came rushing down the stairs. We all started to drink the Speed potion and everyone dashed out of the musty dungeon. 

Meanwhile, Angel had breathed a mass amount of flames in the dungeon, ensuring that we had some time before Notch's forces came after us. Angel came after us, making the dungeon fall apart behind him. He flapped his wings and starting to fly toward the sky, occasionally looking backwards to make sure Notch's forces weren't following. 

"I think we're good for now." Angel said, swooping toward the grass. "I don't think Notch is sending out anyone at night, due to the mobs, and his suspicions they're in league with Fawn."

"Well, that's good news." Cara said, panting. "I was hoping we could all take a little break."

She fell to the ground, and laid sprawled on the ground, limbs out in all directions. The rest of us dropped toward the ground, and I gave everyone a couple of apples. We all started munching on them loudly, and sighed in relief.

"You know, apples taste really good after a long jog." Cosmelia said, laughing.

I looked at her, awed. Her laugh sounded a little harsh, but demonstrated what we had all been through. The harshness reminded us all of what we did in order to get here, to fight for our very lives, but still, throughout all this, we still lived on, we didn't dwell on the past. Instead, we kept pushing onwards, and instead of crying or screaming in pain, we. just. kept. on. laughing.

Cosmelia looked into my eyes, and I saw something sparkle in her eyes. Not sure if it was me, or the sun, or some other unknown force, but when I looked into her eyes, I just felt like we were..

Destined to be.

~~~

I think you see what's going on here.