part 24

So I actually got out in time to receive the children "thanks so much for having us over ma'am" a lot of the other children said to me. I honestly couldn't do anything but smile back at them because to be honest I didn't really like children at least not as much as Connor does. I could see his love for these children in his eyes and then I stopped myself from staring, just so he doesn't feel too important "what bothers the Queen" he asked making a stupid gesture with his hands and curtesying with it "nothing peasant" I said in an equally awkward tone and we just laughed all over each other and then finally, the children started getting tired... I nearly jumped in excitement once the last child was gone "are you okay phoebe?" I asked her when I noticed she was sad after her last friend left "I'm fine aunty, I just really can't wait to have a new playmate" then I just  left her and Connor to do baby things while I went on to work on Rita's book:I'm actually almost done with this book, I had to get into my mood of writing with my glasses on, loud music and flavoured tea, I got my macbook and continued the work on there, the book is actually looking up to become a best seller, hopefully.

Hours later I heard a loud bang on the floor followed by a baby screaming oh God! What did Connor do this time around? I asked myself as I rolled my eyes. I stood up and ran down as fast as I could to see what happened "what's wrong phoebe, uncle Connor plays too much right?" I asked her as I elbowed Connor in the groin "he forgot to catch me aunty Mia" she continued crying louder this time around "how do you forget to catch someone Connor?" and he just scratched his head and said "I had an important call😬" I didn't even know what to say to him again so I just went upstairs with phoebe to give her some apple juice so I could go back to work, and after a very long time she finally cried herself to sleep, funny how I always sleep crying I thought to myself while she slept "so you're believing the child over me yeah?" Connor said as he came into my work space "you dropped a baby Connor" I said rolling my eyes at him "it was an important call" he thought back "whatever Connor I'm kind of busy right now please, can you just please get started on lunch?" I asked with my best baby voice "nice try... Why don't we eat out for lunch today?" I humbly agreed since the only way to my heart is through K. F. C. or Chinese food 😉

Phoebe got up and we all got ready to go to a Chinese buffet area, this is a really hot city at this time of the year so I just went out with what I was wearing while we were in the house; a tank top and shorts, as usual. Phoebe didn't stay mad at connor for long since she ran into his arms once we stepped out the door and so I had to drive, I actually really love to drive, it helps me clear my head "we're here!" I announced as I backed up into the parking lot of the imperial buffet chinese place.I took the liberty of booking us floor space before we got there and so we didn't have to wait for long. I was always turned on by seeing a lot of food. maybe It is just me, but food is the only way to get me happy again. And money and icecream of course but nevermind. I'm talking too much now.

We all had food pouring from our plates except phoebe of course, I will be crucified if Rita found out how much food I was giving her at the moment. "Aunty Mia, will you be with me forever?" phoebe asked innocently... I thought hard about how to answer this child's question "well of course I will be in your life forever my darling, now eat your food so it doesn't get cold baby" Connor made a lot of stupid jokes with phoebe and this actually gave me inspiration for this book I was working on. Thats the thing about being a writer, you just write whatever you experience as you go by daily, time went by quickly and we got home, phoebe had her shower and went straight to bed since the next day she had to go back home. I was honestly tired of hosting a really small child in my house, it was tiring because I had to clean up after her all the time, thank God I didn't have a child yet, I have to get used to how much noise and mess they make. I can also barely take care of myself not to talk of taking care of another human being.

...........................................................................

It has been 4 days since phoebe left and I feel like there is a hole in my chest. I miss her so much, I guess thats the thing with children, when they're there at the moment, they make a lot of mess but when they leave, they take all the love with them. "I want a baby" I said involuntarily while thinking about my baby, phoebe and connor who was sitting right next to me, massaging my legs was like "that can be arranged" and he came closer and made to kiss me, "talking about babies before having anything sexual is kind of scary don't you think?" I asked as I avoided his lips. I put down some more things in the draft of this thing Ive been trying to write for years, I won't say book because its a joke for a book.I am officially tired of Connors company "how will you feel if I propose to you?" connor asked with this mischief in his eyes "I would probably say no" I said without removing my eyes from my work "well will you marry me then?" it was now I looked up and saw Connor on one knee, with a very simple ring with adiamond stone embedded in the beautiful silver intricate beauty... "will you marry me, mia?" he repeated and all I could do was open my mouth and eyes in shock.