Part 25

There he was, on one knee asking me to marry him, I read a lot and I always imagined that my proposal was going to be big!!! and there will be cameras everywhere since that is the new crace   in the world we live in, but connor knows that I don't even have enough friends to fill up a room with because of a proposal not to talk of family It was simple and nothing could possibly ruin this moment "are you drunk or something?" I asked still in doubt since Connor plays too much and might be toiling with my feelings at the moment, "I am being as serious as they come, I love you too much mia and I know I just met you but you just have to say yes to me mia" and then I closed my eyes and weighed my options "this is taking longer than I expected" Connor joked "Yes " I said in an impossible to hear voice, that was when I knew that I was not making a very big mistake because I saw the widest grin on his face ...

Everyone found out the good news after sometime and we prepared for the wedding and the date was set to 6 months time. I had never been this excited in a very long time, thinking if getting married to the most romantic guy in the world was exciting and I just couldn't wait. I would still leave my surname though, but U cant wait to have babies like phoebe for him. Oh and yes, phoebe has a younger brother Owen right now and he is just a delight to be around . Ritas book has been published and it actually turned out to be a hit. I was lucky to have been the author for such an amazing story and don't worry, wee conserved all the real names to protect their integrities especially that of her asshole boyfriend, please excuse me for my language, thinking of the guy brings out the ugliest part of me.

No mother to go to the wedding dress store with me, lol but Rita and her sister did it with me and I was actually having fun with these two sisters and I somehow managed to drag my assistant mildred into this, it was all set, we were getting married in greece, I have always wanted to get married there, I know what you're all thinking, I never even planned on getting married before I met Connor, well he proposed . I was home one thursday{my free day} and I felt so tired, I was exhausted even and then I decided to go out for a walk to the park to get some ice cream and eat and before you know it.......I woke up in a hospital, in a hospital bed with lots of needles in me, this brought back too many ugly memories, last time I was in a hospital was after my parents died in that car accident . A  doctor came in some minutes after I woke up and started this long boring speech and then he held my hands, squeezed and said "you have acute lymphoblastic leukemia" I thought I was hearing things "come again please" I said in total doubt of what the doctor just said "I cant be sick, I have a wedding coming up very soon just incase you didn't know" and he looked so sad but still left the room, it was at this point, I realized in this empty hospital room that I was truly alone, utterly and truly alone, I came here alone and I will leave alone, crying is for the weak but I cried, a wise person told me that crying doesn't solve anything but at this point, all I could do was cry, and then I slept off

I woke up the next day and went back home, I continued my life not telling anyone about my recent diagnosis with some funny kind of cancer, I had more sex with Connor, things were harder to do these days. I got tired very easily and I went back to the hospital to find out what was really wrong with me, this was the early part of the cancer so it cant be that, "congratulations ma'am, you're pregnant" my jaws almost fell on the floor out of shock,I don't understand, we had been careful for so long, how am I pregnant with another person inside me? I wanted to begin chemotherapy but I couldn't because of the baby, "I want an abortion" I said without even thinking twice, the day for the proceedure was set. 3 months now to my wedding and I am pregnant with cancer, the lies had to stop. I had to come clean to everyone I knew .

I called a date for everyone to come to my place for lunch and for us to come "hi everyone, welcome I have a series of things to tell you" I had a horrible look on my face and connor looked so impatient so I finally said it "I am pregnant" I could swear that connors spirit just left him, it was a funny look on his face but then I had to drop the other bomb, 3 months of keeping this to myself was adding to the whole cancer burden and then i said "And before you all stare at me in amazement, I was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia", they still looked a little bit confused and I cleared the air, "I also have cancer" Connor looked like there was no blood flowing through his body "but don't worry, I'm getting  an abortion" and Connor stood up and left my house, I was not sad through out the day but when Connor closed the door, my heart sunk, I had never felt this way before since after my parents death, I broke down in Rita's arm, she comforted me with all sorts of words before she left to go prepare for her hearing the next day. I took off Connors ring and left it on the door right beside the front door "that phase of my life is over" I said as I dropped the ring that had become my most prized possession and I got into the next phase of depression for people with cancer, I retreated to my house and didn't step out for months......

+Hi guys, I know you all didn't expect this, but I had to do something to her picture perfect life, I hope you still like me?, keep reading babies...+

                                                                                        Jessica with love.