14: When I See You Again

I woke up with my face buried in my pillow. It still smelled like strawberries... And I hear strains of singing coming from Jack's side of the room.

"Baby I will be loving you 'till we're seventy..." With an Jack singing it, the song sounded great. Knowing the song would now be sung to me from Jack made me like the song even more. I propped my head up on my hand and lay listening to Jack, joining in the song when he got to,

"We found love right where we are!" I sang that last part loud enough for him to hear me, and he came to my side of the room, blue eyes sparkling. He was wearing a simple red shirt, jeans, black high-tops, and a huge smile.

"Good morning." He said, smiling.

"Good morning." I returned his smile, then started another song.

"You've got me feeling emotions... Deeper than I've ever dreamed of...." I trailed off and let Jack think of another lyric.

"Baby, I've been, I've been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be."

"And if you'll never change, I'm gonna stay right there..." As I sang, I hopped out of bed and went to my closet to find clothes. As I dressed, he belted out,

"Love is an open doooooooor!" I emerged from my closet wearing blue jeans, a black beanie, and a black YouTube shirt I made with icons from my favorite YouTubers.

"I can share a whole new world with you!" I smirked, my head already flooding with more Disney song lyrics, and waited for him to retaliate as we walked into the large bathroom to brush our teeth.

"Go on and kiss the girl," he sang. However, he had a toothbrush in his mouth, so it sounded more like,

"Grh n ahh khss gi guhh..." I collapsed into giggles, doing everything in my power to keep the toothpaste in my mouth and not sprayed all over the mirror in front of me. Jack was laughing next to me, seeming to have the same problem. Somehow, I managed to calm myself down and think of a new song.

"And at last I see the light..." Now, Jack and I were heading to the first floor, following the smell of freshly made pancakes.

"And it's like the fog has lifted," Jack continued. I smiled at him as we both sang in harmony.

"And at last I see the light, and it's like the sky is new. And it's warm and it's real bright and the world has somehow shifted. All at once, everything looks different, now that I see you..." We sang the chorus of 'See The Light' as we walked into the sitting room.

I began to sing the first verse of the song even though we had stopped walking.

"All those days, watching from the window. All those years, outside looking in. All that time never even knowing just how blind I've been. Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight. Now I'm here, suddenly I see. Standing here, it's all so clear; I'm where I'm meant to be..." I stared into Jack's sparkling blue eyes as he took over for the second verse.