The Mystery of the Tanaka Clan Revealed!

~CHAPTER 5~

"Kiyomi! You said you'd be back within 2 hours! It's been basically the whole morning!!! What the hell?!" Rin scolded me. I could tell I really had done it now.

"I'm sorry Rin, but you'll never guess what happened to me!" I said hoping she would forgive me sooner or later.

"I don't care, did you get us any food?"Rin said as she looked down at her extremely skinny waist.

I began to blush, realizing I had forgotten to bring some food back. "Funny story actually. I uh... Actually got caught stealing, and was brought to the Kazekage-"

"KIYOMI!!!" Rin Screetched. "YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFULL!!!" She then placed a hand on her nose and shook her head in shame. "How much trouble did you get into?"

"Don't worry Rin! He let me go, and well... We actually kinda... Hung out ya know?" I said blushing as I shuffled my feet. It seemed strange to mention that I spent the morning with the Kazekage!

"You went on a date with the Kazekage?" Rin said as she looked at me with her eyes bright with excitement.

"It wasn't a date! We just went for a walk in the desert, and went out for some ramen. That's all!" I said to clear things up. If rumors spread around about it being a date Gaara would get mad at me.

"Yeah... A date." Rin said thinking she was right.

"No! We went as friends Rin!" I explained with anger burning inside me.

"Sure..." Rin said as she raised her eyebrows at me. I knew she didn't believe. That bitch always took things the wrong way. I growled at her and began walking to the alley. Rin was my best friend, but she got on my nerves a lot... Especially when I'd talk about the Kazekage.

GAARA'S POV

"Is there any information on the Tanaka clan?" I asked my aid as I looked out of the big window in my room.

"Yes but it's very scarce..." The aid replied.

"Bring me all the information there is." I ordered as I sat back in my chair at my desk. Kiyomi made me curious about her clan.

"Yes Kazekage." The aid said and left the room. I waited patiently as the ninja came back with a couple scrolls all different shades of yellow, beige, and tan. "Here you are Kazekage Gaara."

"Thank you, I request to be alone please." I said as I eyed the shinobi. I really wished to read the scrolls in peace.

"Yes sir." The ninja said as he bowed and left the room. I opened the first scroll to see what I could find on the Tanaka clan. The first scroll read:

"Tanaka clan, a strong clan believed to be one of the founding clans of the sand. They were a clan that mastered the ability to use sand as defense, and as a weapon; making them the most threatening clan in the village.

Most men of the Tanaka clan were used in war to give the Sand Village an advantage in fight. But after a long period of time the clan just got stronger. This worried the Fourth Kazekage, causing him to kill off all the Tanaka, using the Shukaku - his son Gaara."

As I read that last sentence of the second paragraph, I sat there staring at the scroll, my blood pounding in my head. I could feel my fingers tremble, and my blood rushing through my veins.

"No..." I whispered. "I couldn't of done it! My... My father!" I said as tears built up in my eyes. "I killed her entire clan..." I said as I sat there digging my nails into my scalp. I gritted my teeth as I felt the tears trickle down my face.

"Kazekage Gaara, everything alright?" One of the shinobi asked as he came into the room unannounced. I didn't mind since he was just worried about me.

"Yes, I'm... I'm fine." I lied as I wiped my tears away and opened up the scroll again, and went back to reading the scroll again.

"Ok, sorry to bother you sir." The shinobi said as he walked out the door. "If you need anything Gaara Sama, just let me now." I nodded my head and went back to reading, extremely scared of what I'd find.

I had finished the scroll and sighed luckily the rest had been history on the Tanaka before they were killed. I didn't want to read the others but I knew I Should anyways. The next scroll was a bit torn and was titled, The Tanaka History.

"The tanaka were one of the first clans in the Hidden Sand Village. They had become the leading clan, in power due to their strength, and their ability to use sand for attack.

As the years went by, the Tanaka grew stronger, and thus making the fourth Kazekage quite worried they'd overpower him and gain the control of the village they had once ruled. The fourth took action against the Tanaka and murdered their leader Hideo Tanaka and then killed off the rest of the Tanaka clan, using the Shukaku (one tailed beast).

After the attack of Shukaku, there was no trace of the existence of the Tanaka, and they were than believed to be an extinct clan."

I growled at the beast I once was. My father had used me as a weapon of war when I was little, back when I used to have the Shukaku sealed in me by Lady Chiyo. My father was cruel. He used me only for war, and made me even kill my own mother, and had me raised by my uncle Yashamaru, who I then killed later. My father made me a blood thirsty beast.

Because of my father, the only people who ever cared for me were my mother before I killed her, my uncle (well I thought), my older sister Temari, and my older brother Kankurō, Naruto Uzumaki, and now I had grown to like the thief Kiyomi Tanaka... But now I'm worried she will no longer like me if she finds out I'm the one who killed off her clan.