The Begginning of the End

Alex P.O.V
I realized how stupid I was for leaving Jo. I went in my car and drove to the apartment faster than lightning. I walked in the door and my smile faded. I saw Jo and but she wasn't alone. And she barely had any clothes on. I didn't even look at the guy to see who he was let alone listen to him explain what he was doing before I punched him. And that was the last time I saw Jo.

3 Weeks later
I haven't talked to Jo. I haven't seen Jo. But for some reason I can't get her out of my head. This is like when I first met her. I couldn't tell her that I loved her but at the same time I wanted to scream it from the rooftops. I begin to think about or first kiss.
"Look I need to tell you something."
"No you don't."
"You don't even know what I'm going to say."
"I think I do and you shouldn't. I'll mess it up, Alex. I mess everything good up in my life and we work as friends and I don't want to mess that up."
"You won't mess anything up! Look, before the tree, you asked me a question. You wanted me to say the words so I'm saying them."
"I don't hear anything."
"Shut up."
"Okay but-"
"I'm serious!"
"Fine."
"I love you."
Her smile widens and I pull her into a kiss. Her hands slide down and up my back and as mine cup her head.

As it replays in my head Jo walks up to me. She inhales like she is going to say to me but I can't face her right now so I run away. I ran. How dumb am I? I'm scared of this girl. Not because she can hurt me. No, its because I can't look her in the eye without saying 'I love you'. As I run away Jo yells her apology. I stop dead in my tracks. Apparently the whole hospital does. But I can only see her.
She yells, "LOOK ALEX I GET IT IF YOU WANT TO BREAK UP. BUT I DON'T WANT TO. THAT NIGHT I WAS DRUNK AND HE WAS HELPING ME HOME. I TOOK MY CLOTHES OFF AND HE WAS LEAVING AND I WAS GOING TO BED. HE TRIPPED AND FELL OVER ON ME. NOTHING HAPPENED. SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME BECAUSE I STILL LOVE YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO STOP LOVING YOU."
I wanted to walk away. But I stayed glued to my spot. She was waiting for an answer. I don't know what to say. I always have something to say whether I like it or not.
I blurt out the first thing that comes to my head. And of course it's the thing I couldn't stop thinking about.
"I-I love you, Jo. And I don't think I can't stop loving you. But I don't know."
She smiled and walked up the stairs to go kiss me but I ran away.