The Outburst

Jo P.O.V.
"Hello, Chase." I said
My heart was beating out of my chest. Now that Alex wasn't a witness he could do anything.
Don't be stupid you are in a coffee shop packed with people he can't hurt you. At least not here.
"Hello Gabby. How are you nowadays." He said to politely.
"I'm good. How about you?"
"I'm good myself. Are you seeing anyone?"
"Uh- no. I am not. Why do you ask?"
"Oh Gabby don't lie to me. I know your screwing your roommate. Its quite obvious."
"Shut up, Chase! I am not. He's just a friend!"
"Then why the hell do you need a divorce!"
I peer around the coffee shop to see that everyone is watching us. I blush.
"Chase, I want a divorce because we are no longer a couple and I want to see other people." I say calmly.
"We could be a couple. I miss you, Gabby. And you miss me too."
"No I don't I am in love with someone else and I want to marry them. But I can't, Chase. So sign the damn papers and go ruin someone else's life."
"So you are seeing someone and you lied to me."
"I didn't lie to you. We haven't dated yet. We haven't kissed. We haven't done anything. But I love him."
"But what if he is bad in bed." He said with a chuckle.
"CHASE SIGN THE PAPERS. THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A CHOICE. SIGN THE PAPERS. I DON'T CARE IF THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS ANYMORE," I stand on my chair and announce to the café, " HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME. I AM IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE AND THIS IS MY HUSBAND WHO I HAVENT SPOKEN TO IN YEARS, AND I MEAN YEARS, BECAUSE HE ABUSED ME. SO AM I WRONG TO RUN AWAY FROM MY MARRIAGE AND START A NEW LIFE? AM I WRONG TO WANT TO MARRY THE MAN I LOVE? AM I WRONG TO WANT A DIVORCE FROM MY HEARTLESS, ABUSIVE HUSBAND?" I yell, desperately.
The most of the crowd looks down at their coffee and fiddles with there thumbs. At the corner of my eye I see one man get up and punch my husband.
"You better sign those damn papers or I am calling the police. Cause no one lies about abuse. And you are a worthless piece of dirt who belongs to be reported. But i won't and no one else will if you sign those papers." The man looks at me. I mouth thank you too him with my eyes filling with tears. For a second I think he is about to sign the papers. But the Chase I know would never submit. He stands up and punches the man. He becomes unconscious. Next thing I know, He pulls out a gun.
----------------------------------------------
The next chapter will be kinda dark and  I will put a warning on it. So if you aren't ok with shooting and things like that you might want to skip the next chapter. But I can promise you everyone will walk out unharmed. Thanks for reading 😊✌️