The Plan

Jo P.O.V.
Alex came busting through the door.
"We can have our wedding in April. It'll be nice weather and we won't have that summer wedding rush. I know a really nice venue just a couple miles away from the hospital. We can have a small wedding but everyone from the hospital is invited and our families. That's it. Our color could be blue because of the hospital and thats where we met. We are gonna have an open bar, obviously. And if we want when everyone leaves the reception we can drink by ourselves like we did the night we first became friends. And you can teach me some more street kid stuff." he says with steady eye contact
"Our budget has to be, at tops, 50k." I say
"I think you'd look really hot in a mermaid cut dress. A ball gown doesn't feel like you."
"You will wear a dark blue pocket square because your an attending. And I will have a light have some light blue detailing on my dress and veil because I'm a resident."
"We can serve chicken and fish. Not steak, that will blow our budget out of the water." he said as he was forming a smile.
"Steph will be my maid of honor and Mer can be your best man."
"Oh she's gonna hate that."
"Yeah, but its your wedding she has to pretend to be happy."
"Oh and don't invite Peckwell or Chase. If they pull a Jackson at our wedding I'm gonna make sure they never see the light of day again."
"Even if they did pull a Jackson, I would never pull an April and run away with them. Because I am in love with you."
"Good."
He meets me in the living room and kisses me as his hands are wrapped around my waist.
"Any ideas for bridesmaids?" He asked
"Like I said, Steph is maid of honor, Callie is a brideamaid and so is ummm..."
"Yeah you don't have any other friends." He says as he laughs.
"Normally I would sag you could be one of my bridesmaid but I can't say that because I'm marrying you."
"And I don't look good in dresses. You can borrow Arizona from me."
"Great the two bitter exes in my wedding."
"You have any other ideas?"
"Ok. Fine."
"Groomsmen?" He said
"Ummm lets see."
"Oh god."
"Whats up?"
"All my friends are girls."
"You have- umm-wait what about... no that wouldn't work."
"Jeez we really need to make some friends."
"JACKSON!"
"Calm down! Yes Jackson, Owen, and Mer."
"Thats gonna be one helluva a bachelor party. Speaking of bachelor parties I allow permission for strippers." I said with a nod.
"Are you just saying that so I will feel bad and let you have a stripper?" He said with an ear-to-ear grin.
"Maybe." I say as I stretch out the word.
"You are the worst."
"Is that why you are marrying me? To tell everyone you are married to a terrible woman for them to pity for you?"
"Exactly."
"Well that was exactly my plan."
"Might as well settle out our nasty divorce right now." He said, jokingly.
"We might want to hold off kids for a year or two so we avoid the custody battle."
"Awww but thats the best part!" He said in his fake-whiney voice.
"Shut up and kiss me some more."
He leans forward on top of me and kisses me for what felt like hours and actually lasted hours.
----------------------------------------------
FLUFF ALERT. This probably the fluffiest thing I've written yet and I am not mad about it. 😊✌️