Letting Go

Jo P.O.V.
"Does anyone else have anything to sat to me?" He said while pointing his gun at various people.
"C'mon whose gonna tell me I'm wrong. Face me like a man." He yelled
"Chase. Put the gun down. Now." I said with tears.
"No, Gabby. I won't." He said with an evil smile.
"Fine, Chase. I won't divorce. I won't report you. I will move back in with you and be your wife. I promise. Now put the gun down." I said
"Good girl. Lets go get your stuff and take your stuff and lets go home." He said while returning the gun into his coat pocket.
He grabbed my hand and walked out with me. I walked into my apartment and I saw Alex immediately.
"Alex. I-I'm sorry." I said as I started crying.
Chase walked in after me.
"Hello Alex. I don't know if Gabby told you yet. But she is moving back in with me and being my wife, again."
"Jo. What?" Alex replied
"Can I talk to Alex privately for a couple minutes? Just to say goodbye."
"Yeah sure but remember that you are my wife." I saw him fiddling with the pistol in his coat pocket.
He walked out and closed the door.
"Alex. Don't do anything stupid. He has a gun and he is not afraid to use. I'm gonna leave. And you are going to let me leave. But I will come back. I promise. So just stay here please. It might take days, weeks, or even years. But I will come back. If I don't come back in two years you can move on. But I'm begging you to wait for me. I have a plan." I said as I pressed my forehead against his.
"Jo, I would wait a million years for you. But please, don't make me. I've been shot before I can take this."
"I know you can, Alex. But I don't want you too."
" Jo, I have a plan and it involves waiting minutes, not years."
"Alex! Please don't."

Alex P.O.V.
I walk outside the door to see Chase impatiently waiting.
"Hey where's Gabby?" He asks innocently.
I push him up against the hallway door.
"Look, Her name is Jo. And she is not your wife she is my girlfriend. And you can be a coward and shoot me and run away with her or you can be a real man and prove to me that you deserve her. Without the gun or any weapons." I say.
"Fine."
He pushes me off of him and drops the gun to the floor.
I punch him and knock him down.
"Oh. You must've had a bad childhood." He said with an evil smirk
"Shut up and fight me."
"Your mom must've been into drugs or a psycho. Same with your dad."
"My mom was mentally unstable, like you. And my dad was a junkie. Not like its any of your business." I replied sharply
"Look here, buddy. You can't take care of her. You are too soft. You are letting her have control. She needs to be in the kitchen cooking. Like a women. And if she isn't you need to show her who's boss. So if you really car about her, you'll know I'm the best option." He said
"You are sick. I would never lay a hand on her. She is a person and she is tougher than me and I'm ok with that. She has a life. She is a surgeon. She is not a slave. You are sick."
Jo came bursting out of the door.
"CHASE I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU. SIGN THE DAMN PAPERS AND LET ME GO. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS MAN AND I CAN'T MARRY HIM BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING AN ASS. YOU HURT ME. YOU BELONG IN JAIL. BUT IF YOU SIGN THE PAPERS I WON'T REPORT YOU. I HAVE 20 WITNESSES AT THE COFFEE AHOP TODAY. SO SIGN THE DAMN PAPERS AND GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" She yelled with built-up tension.
"I won't let you go that easy Gabby-"
"MY NAME IS JO. AND YES, YOU WILL LET ME GO." She grabbed her phone and dialed 911.
"ALRIGHT. FINE." He said as he reluctantly sighed the divorce papers.
"NOW GO!" Jo yelled.
He punched me in the jaw and walked out of the building.
I grab Jo and kiss her. I notice she is crying.
"Jo its ok. He's gone." I say with a disappearing smile.
"Do you not want to divorce him?" I ask insecurely.
"No, no, no. I want to divorce him so bad. And I finally did. And I'm happy." She said with a smile.
"Hey you still have that ring?" She asked.
----------------------------------------------
This is not the last chapter. I will write a couple more and they will be a lot happier than what's been happening in the first 10 😂. Also thanks for a 100 reads! 😊✌️