The Confession

Jo P.O.V
I thought Alex had forgiven me but when I went to go kiss him he ran away. I knew exactly where he was, the on-call room, but I wasn't sure if he wanted me there. After a few brief moments of contemplation and general shock I walked in the room. Alex was sitting there all curled up in a tiny ball. He wasn't crying but he definitely was on the verge of tears.
"Alex" I say kind of shouting.
"What do you want!" He said it like when we first met, when he hated me.
"What the hell was that?! I thought you accepted my apology and you wouldn't even let me near you."
"I don't know if I can do this, Jo..."
"What do you mean!"
"I proposed, you said no-"
" I didnt say no."
"Whatever, you didn't take the ring and we didn't get married. Anyway, earlier today we fought and I told you I wanted kids and a wife and you can't give that to me."
"I can give that to you."
"Then why won't you!"
"Look Alex I don't want to loose you but I have something to tell you that might make you hate me."
"What is it, Jo."
"Well-"
The door slammed open. Meredith walked in. Couldn't she read the room and realize we really didn't want her in here! Or at least I didn't want her in here.
"Alex you have a surgery scheduled now. And Jo it says you are going to be the resident... Do you want me to change it?" Meredith said with a little restraint in her voice.
"No." I said sharply.
We all exited the room and headed toward the surgery floor to scrub in.
We start the surgery. It was a simple procedure so we didn't need to concentrate that much.
"Alex I really have something to tell you."
"Look Jo whatever you say can't make this relationship worse or better. Because I'm done."
"No Alex you don't understand." I said with a whiney voice.
"Look Jo I love you and Its gonna take a while for me not to love you so would you mind backing off."
"ALEX IM ALREADY MARRIED AND THATS WHY I CAN'T MARRY YOU. I REALLY WANT TO BUT I CAN'T." I blurted.