{ 8 }

A new day began with my ringing alarm.
Different from the other days I woke up smiling and stood up almost immediately to dress up, put on some make up and eat a fruit.

I still couldn't believe that yesterday's day was real.
Everything went so well.
We had so much fun and always stuff to talk about.

After breakfast I laid on the couch and watched a few videos on YouTube.
Because of my headphones I nearly didn't notice that my phone rang.
In the last second I saw Kirstie was phoning me and I timley grabbed my phone to answer.
"Kirstie?"
"Good morning, Mitchy!", she warbled with a high voice, "How was your date? Tell me every detail!"
"It wasn't a date, Kirst! Get it! And it was one of the best days ever! I had so much fun and we get along swimmingly! We drank and ate something and then we went to the park to chill! It was... incredible!"
"Are you sure you aren't in love with him?"
Shit.
Why kept she saying that?
"I mean... I do have a crush on him... like... a huge crush but-!"
"I knew it!", she screamed triumphant, "And I wanted to ask you something else. Didn't you notice that he's an complete asshole?"
Is she kidding me right now?
Did she really think she could help me with that?
That I get happier?
Opposition.
"Are you fucking kidding me? You really ruined my happy mood now! Could you please stop saying this bullshit! Scott is super nice and such a gentleman! I don't know if you were blind, just jelous or your IQ was extremely low back then!", I was furious.
Why didn't my best friend support me?
"Mitch-,!"
"NO!", I yelled and hang up.
I threw my phone on the cushion next to me and frowned.
She was my best friend.
She is meant to help me and support me, be happy for me and not jelous or whatever.
The impressions I got of him were only good and it was the first time after a long time that I felt secure and comfortable in someone's ambiance.

But maybe I overreacted?
Was I being to harsh?
I just couldn't understand why she wanted to drag me down and ruin my mood.
I leaned back on the couch trying to clear my mind.
It doesn't matter what other people think.
It's my buisness with who I fall in love.
Who I like.
Who I want to spend time with.
And for me it's Scott.
I actually couldn't believe I fell for a stranger I got to know over the Internet.
Someone I barely knew.
But I had nothing against it.
It definitely was exciting.

One hour passed by quickly as I watched an other few YouTube videos to calm myself down.
Suddenly the the doorbell rang.
Who was that?
I slowly got up and trotted to the entrence.
With a quick look through the small spy I saw it was Kirstie.
Of course I opened the door and looked at her madly: "What do you want?", I asked with a sassy inflection.
"Mitchy, I'm sorry! Please let me in, I even brought something for you!", she brought a cake behind her back and showed it to me.

I couldn't leave her outside so I winked her in.
We went to the living room and sat down on the couch.
She even brought a knife and forks and was now cutting the delicious looking strawberry chocolate cake.
She gave me the piece and a fork and I began eating.
It was quiet for a minute before I spoke: "You know, I just can't understand why you keep telling me this! I enjoyed the time I spent with him, it was one of the best days in my fucking life, I think he's super nice, caring and sweet. I was happy and then you told me the ... thing again! Why?"

"I am so sorry! I didn't know it meant that much to you-!"
"Are you kidding me? I felt in fucking love with him?!"
"Oh you did?", she smirked at me, "whatever, I kept telling it because I wanted to warn you, wanted you to be save and stay happy! I just want the best for you! Please forgive me!", she looked at me begging.

I couldn't be mad at her.
It wasn't in a bad meaning.
She wanted the best for me.
"It's okay, Kirst. And now eat!", with my fork I pointed at her piece of cake laughing.
"Omg, thank youuu!", she jumped up and quickly hugged me before leaning back to her cake.

The rest of the day we  spent talking about Jeremy, Scott, food and her new job in an expensive Boutique.
I was happy everything was okay again.

"Kirstie, please promise me that you'll never ever say that again, okay?", I looked at her with an intoxicating look.
"Yes, yes, okay! I won't, I promise!", she said.