1

Daniel sat in the park, his music blasting from his headphones. He had a dark look on his face and his eyes were unfocused and blank.
He really didn't know how long it had been exactly since it had happened, since then everything had just gone by in a slow, depressed blur. He knew it was something around a month.
A zealous boy sat on the bench next to him, a toy in his hands.
Daniel thought about the boy. His blond hair was short and he wore a green shirt, dirtied by the mud he had been playing in. The boy seemed happy. Daniel was jealous of the air of innocence the boy had about him.
That boy had never experienced the horrors that Daniel had to.

Christopher sat, curled up in an uncomfortable position in the corner of his bathtub. He stared down at his knees, held tight to his chest, but stopped every once and a while to glance out the window above him. Outside, the sun was setting with a deep red colour.
Red, he had been seeing that colour a lot lately: red as in the colour of the inside of his eyelids and red as in blood.
Those were the two things he saw most of now, except the stained tiles of his bathroom and occasionally the view out of his window.
He couldn't remember the last time he walked out of his door, maybe a week ago when he was having a good day.
He needed to leave this room, get out more. He needed to do a lot of things that felt like they were never going to be done.

PJ opened his eyes and rubbed them. His bed was uncomfortable and his soiled sheets had slowly began untucking themselves from beneath the mattress.
He could barely see, there was no light in his room except the lamp by his bedside he had left on accidentally.
He heard footsteps in the corridor outside his room but they were quickly overridden by a shrill ringing sound coming from his left ear.
"Ow," he said, almost silently, as he attempted to block the noise by putting his hands on his ears.
His head hurt badly, again.
So he did what he had been doing for a while now: he felt around in the mid darkness for the familiar touch of a cold glass bottle, lifted it to his lips and drank.
He knew it would be worse later but he didn't care about later. He cared about right now, and right now his head hurt like shit.
His vision faded out into a deep green colour and he was asleep again.