12

Daniel laughed as he watched PJ, extremely frustrated, attempt to smash his phone screen by standing on it with socks on.
'That's never gonna work, you're crazy,' Chris mocked him.
'Just watch me,' PJ said, panting from this sudden exert of energy. He then stopped, as if having an idea, and started to make for the door.
'Where are you going?'
'Out.'
'You forgot your shoes,' Dan said very matter-a-factly, 'and us.'
After putting his shoes on hurriedly, PJ stomped out of the door with the two others in close pursuit. Oddly enough, he started upstairs.

'We're not allowed up here,' Christopher reminded PJ, who was now standing on the edge of the platformon top of the building, staring down at the street beneath.
'What are you doing, Peej?' Daniel asked.
The phone suddenly jumped into life with a call and, all at once, PJ took it in his hand and threw it, hard.
'Oh my god.'
'Did you just.'
'Yes I did just, I just threw my phone off a roof across London to god knows where,' PJ pointed out, a large smile plastered on his face, 'and it felt fucking great!'
'That was actually pretty badass,' Dan said.
'Who wants some pizza to celebrate?' Chris asked, trying to coax the two others back downstairs.

PJ felt amazing with slice of pizza in hand and a sense of pride in his heart.
'A toast: to getting rid of toxic people,' he raised his glass of Ribena in the air, 'also the greatest cockblock of the century.' Their glasses clinked and a laugh was shared.
The phone was a symbol, it meant so much more than just a phone. It meant a page turned, a new chapter in PJ's life. A different time without blonde hair and high voices and without being stuck in the same room for weeks at a time. Old friends became new friends, his old life became new.
PJ was free.