11

Daniel and the two other boys slept in the living room that night, exhausted from the long day they'd had. An empty coffee cup sat on the table and a pair of shoes sat by the door. The white curtains wafted in the wind, the floorboards creaked calmly as a person in the hallway made their way up the stairs, the world was at peace.
Once morning came, Daniel woke up and opened his eyes to see the sun streaming through the window. He looked around the room, PJ was still asleep and Chris was sitting, hunched over himself, on a chair.

Christopher looked up and realised Dan was staring at him.
'Good mor-' he began before being interrupted by the loud ringing of a phone in PJ's pocket. He rolled his eyes. 'It's been happening all morning.'
The two of the awake boys decided to go get coffee, leaving a note for PJ in case he awoke while they were away.
'It's that girl, I know it is,' Chris said, almost as if it was talking to himself, as they walked down the street.
'What is? Which girl?' Daniel questioned.
'PJ's calls, they're from his evil girlfriend.'
'PJ has a girlfriend?' Dan said, surprised.
Chris just grunted and pushed the door to the cafe open.

PJ was startled awake up by the tenth ring of his phone, opening his eyes to an empty apartment and a note.
'Gone to get coffee, will be back soon,' he read.
Sighing, he pulled the still ringing phone out of his jean pocket and read a number he didn't recognise. He pressed the screen, letting the call come in. Immediately, a high pitched and angry voice came loudly through the speaker.
'PJ? Where are you? What did you do with my ca-'
He ended the call and blocked the number, mumbling a quiet 'oops'.
A couple minutes later, both Chris and Dan walked through the door carrying cups.
'It was her, she called,' PJ said.
'What did you do?' Asked Chris, slightly annoyed.
'I blocked the number.'
Chris smiled.
A few hours and a few records later, PJ's phone began ringing again. All three boys groaned.
'I wish we could just smash that stupid phone,' Daniel said, exasperated.
'What if we did?' PJ suggested, a malicious grin encompassing his face.