a paintbrush, a bathroom, and a telephone

Daniel now realised that he didn't need anyone to be himself.
He wasn't blue, or red, or green, or purple - he was yellow.
He was bright, sunny and happy and he was strong to go through grief and come out of it better off.
The only thing thing that had been holding him back: the colour of a paintbrush.
His friends helped him paint over his past, willing him to let the future come and history be left behind.
He wasn't alone.

Christopher now realised that he was surrounded by so many great and supportive people.
He was happy with who he was and now thought of himself as a beautiful sunset, burning with passion and love.
The only thing that had been holding him back: the confines of a bathroom.
His friends helped him escape that personal hell, willing him out into the world.
He wasn't alone.

PJ now realised that he didn't need an escape anymore, and that coffee tasted much less bitter than alcohol.
He had grown like a tree, away from his addiction and away from the prison of his dark bedroom.
The only thing that had been holding him back: a girl's voice on a telephone.
His friends helped him get rid of her, willing him to escape from his own head as well.
He wasn't alone.

Philip was still no longer around, but the memories of him were much less daunting and much more sweet.

And around the world, other people did the same things.
A purple boy walked out of his parents house, bag on his back in the dead of night, ready to escape from their closed mindedness and go on to live a life by himself and away from their constant torment.
An orange girl approached the cashier in a shop, ready to face her fear of confrontation to ask a question, head filled with determination.
A pink boy walked up to another boy and got down on one knee, holding out a ring and looking up with wishful eyes.
They weren't alone.

No one is truly alone.