epilogue

Dan stood up, holding his cue cards with one hand and a spoon in the other. He lightly tapped against the champagne flute and it made a chime, causing the rest of the room to fix their eyes on him as he stood up, adjusting his suit.
'I'd just like to say a few words, ladies and gentlemen,' he said, smiling as he looked down at his two friends sat next to him, 'since I am the best man and all. I'd like to share a few stories with all of you about our beloved grooms right here, I'll try to keep all the embarrassing ones out, though.' The crowd laughed pleasantly in response. 'Although I could just start telling you all about that time Chris got really drunk all the way back when we were eighteen and-'
He was cut off by Chris grabbing the cue cards from Dan's hands and throwing them off the table so that they scattered all over the floor, earning a hearty roar of laughter from the crowd.
'No, no, I wouldn't do that to you,' Dan jested, looking down and the giggling Chris, 'plus, now I can't really say anything since you've ruined my speech,' another laugh filled the room, 'well then, I'll have to keep it short and sweet since I don't really know what I'm saying. I just wanted to talk about how these two boys are my dearest friends, and have been for the most part of my life. Both Chris and PJ have pretty much always been there for me, including my and their darkest times. They helped me find my identity after my boyfriend,' Dan stopped to sniff and turned to the couple, evidently starting to cry, 'passed and I am so thankful for that. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you two, you've both been my rock always, and hopefully forever more. I can't be happier for you about the marriage; it's always been a goal of mine to marry my best friend, but really the best thing in the world is watching your best friends marry each other.' An 'aww' emitted from the crowd. 'I can't actually believe this really is happening, I can still remember almost last year when PJ told me he was going to propose, I thought he'd gone mad. But seeing you two that night after he'd asked you, so in love and so ready for the wedding, I knew you were perfect for each other.'
Now all three of the boys were crying, and Chris planted a large kiss on his husband's forehead.
'That's all I really have to say. Now, a toast,' he raised his glass, 'to infinite love between best friends, to a romance envied by the gods, to the couple not missing me too much on their honeymoon.'
The satisfying clink of glasses echoed throughout the large room along with another collection of laughter and Dan sat back down, taking a sip of his champagne and smiling widely as a tear fell down his cheek.