2

Daniel woke up the next morning with tears welling in his eyes. His dreams, yet again, hadn't been dreams, they had been nightmares.
Since it had happened, he'd been having nothing but nightmares. About different things: ghosts of dead friends and family, murderers, his own death and strange flashes of his old friends. He'd remembered seeing Chris - red - and PJ - green.
He sometimes wondered how those two were doing, but not often. His mind was so clouded with thoughts in light of the current events. But, you can't simply forget about your two best friends of 4 years.
Or would you call them ex best friends?
There was no falling out or fighting between the group, so much had happened that they had just drifted apart. One of the four was gone, though, and that's enough to pull them all out of the friendship.

Christopher was startled awake by a clatter coming from outside. His dreams hadn't been peaceful either, he had dreamt about his long gone friend.
Even though he had been out of the loop since he had been sucked in the black hole of his bathroom, he had somehow learned about Phil's disappearance. Maybe someone had come to visit him, he couldn't remember.
He didn't mourn much, mainly inside his head; he thought it over. He didn't even cry.
Maybe he saw it coming? He had noticed the change in his friend's behaviour.
Or maybe he was just so used to pain and so tired that it seemed like nothing to him.

PJ didn't really wake up, just floated in and out of consciousness as his alarm clock made noises he wasn't bothered to turn off.
He heard the minimal noise of someone opening the door as quietly as they could, the silent patter of dainty footsteps making their way to his bedside and the click of the alarm clock as it turned off.
The person who had come in made a sharp inhale and moved their feet slightly. Two or three empty bottles were picked up and taken out of the door, which was then closed almost silently.
He did not think about the colour red or the colour blue, he did not think about his old friends or how they must be feeling, he did not think about Phil, for he did not know.