8

The days passed quickly and soon Daniel decided it was time to head back into the city. He waved goodbye to the blue house and the charming little village that he used to call home.
'Good bye, love,' the kind face of his mother said, waving fondly to him.
He shot her a smile and climbed into the taxi.
The train ride was long but peaceful, Daniel listened to convivial music and stared out of the window, admiring the blue sky and the green fields as they flew past.
He arrived in London with a new found sense of mirthful optimism. He walked back to his flat, taking the long route just so he could go past the park. He admired the view of the serene grassy landscape among the tall buildings of the city. In one of the benches sat a messy head of hair and a red t-shirt reading a book.
Daniel continued on his walk, smiling at the sun and the birds flying above his head.
He opened the door to his flat and immediately frowned. The rooms looked so sad and dark, so full of sorrow and regret. The paint was peeling off the walls, the sofa looked faded and colourless and the windows were cracked and small, not letting enough light in to illuminate the flat. The bathroom was browned at the edges, the tiles looking exhausted and the tap barely working.
He felt that the whole flat was bringing his mood down and decided to leave, needing escape from the dark prison of the discoloured rooms.

Christopher didn't see the tired, messy boy for days after the 'I just passed out' incident. He pretended not to mind but in reality he was going to the park every day on purpose to 'accidentally' bump into him again and constantly looking up from his book to see if he had suddenly appeared.
Today, instead of the usual Chris saw someone he didn't think he'd ever see again. A brown fringe and a blue sweater walked past him happily, both of which were prominent features in his brain, attributes of a certain boy he hadn't seen in a while. He honestly did want to go greet Daniel, but his head was filled with doubt whether he even remembered him let alone wanted to talk to him after the occurrences in the past months. He pulled his book up over his face to cover it, hoping the brown haired boy across the green expanse of grass didn't notice him.

PJ had been majorly torn up about what happened with his old friend. He felt so bad that he had been so unresponsive and loopy. The girl didn't let him leave the house after the encounter strangely enough, saying that she thought it was 'best for him not to mix with random strangers on the street again'. PJ really didn't feel like quarrelling with her so kept quiet, but was truthfully cunningly scheming.
More than a couple nights into his forced house arrest, he came to a conclusion. He packed a bag with his only clean shirts, trousers and his toothbrush. He then found a car key laying on his desk and placed that on top of the bag. He drank a small glass of water, making sure he was in best spirits for the next day, before getting into bed and having the best sleep possible.