Chapter Four

*Tobin's POV*

"Okay so Alex and I always were close and we were best friends and we always had a really good friendship and she was basically my best friend. And after a game we decided to go out and have a couple drinks and she was kind of going through something with Servando so she was feeling sad. So I let her drink a lot" I looked up to see Christen listening intently. "She had a lot to drink. Like a lot. I drove us to our apartment in Portland cause I only had a club soda and we got home and she was all over me and I thought it was unintentional and I put her to bed and went downstairs to watch tv without waking her up. She came downstairs and was barely standing straight so I let her sit on the couch with me. I thought she wanted company cause she was lonely and sad about Servando. And then all of a sudden she kissed me and at the moment I kind of had a little thing for her so I let it happen. I didn't do anything that she didn't start and one thing led to another and we were on top of each other and-"

"Okay" Christen interrupted.

"Do you want me to skip that part?" I asked, knowing this could hurt her.

"Yeah" She said, breaking eye contact.

I moved over next to her and put my arm around her.

"After it happened, Alex fell asleep and I promised to myself to never bring it up to her cause I didn't think she wanted it to happen. I was a little hurt but I got over it quickly. I didn't know she knew about it until today. I tried to keep our friendship the same so she wouldn't suspect anything. I promise you I'm not into her" I continued. "I got over her and as soon as you joined the team in 2013 I fell for you. I fell and I'm still falling to this day. I'm falling for you Christen. I'm never gonna stop falling. Please believe me" I finished, confessing everything I ever kept bottled up inside of me.

I turned my head to see Christen smiling. It was a genuine smile. I missed that.

"Can I tell you something?" Christen almost whispered into my ear.

I nodded.

"I've been falling for you too" She said. "I didn't want to cause I didn't really know what was happening and I didn't have the confidence to admit it but, I am falling Tobin" Christen finished.

I leaned over and hugged her. I knew she was in the process of embracing her sexuality so I tried to make sure I didn't do anything that would make her uncomfortable.

I felt her put her head in my neck, and her grasp on me get stronger.

When we pulled apart, both of our phones dinged at the same time.

The Gals: "Lunch time! Why isn't anyone down here? Even Alex is here!!!!!"

"Omg on my way"

"^"

I quickly typed, "press and I are coming" and we left the room.

*Christen's POV*

Tobin and I walked down the hallway together and I felt like a thousand pounds had been taken off my shoulders. We didn't hold hands until the elevator doors shut all the way. I couldn't be mad at Tobin for something that happened such a long time ago. And the way Tobin explained what happened and the way she ended it made me almost forget all about it.

The elevator door opened and we split up. I saw Alex standing by the corner talking to a concerned Jill.

I wondered where Alex was but I didn't want to go over there and disturb their conversation.