Chapter Seven

*Tobin's POV*

Oh my god what did I just do.

"Christen wait" I begged, trying to explain myself. "Chris... I can explain" I said, starting to tear up again.

I watched Christen's familiar figure leave the room, leaving me to sit in a cold, dimly lit room contemplating everything. How could I have lost her. She was only mine for a short time how could I mess up this bad? How were we going to play on together with the Thorns? How was I going to get through these 2 months? I have to go fix things.

I quickly got up and bolted towards the door and swung it open to find Christen sitting on the floor with her head between her knees, crying. I slowly approached her, trying not to scare her away. I slid down the wall and sat myself a few feet away from her.

"Christen..." I began.

"Don't" she replied, anger boiling in her voice.

I didn't know what to do so I just sat there and thought about what I could say. Nothing could fix this but I had to try.

"You don't have to listen" I started. "But I wanted to tell you what happened"

"No I don't want to know. You told me to leave the room so you could kiss her?! Didn't you say you were over her?! What the fuck is going on? What am I getting myself into?" Christen spat. "I can't believe you, I can't believe I'm even in this position right now"

She looked up for a moment and I saw how much she had been crying. Her eyes red and still full of tears. Her lip quivering. She buried her head again and her back began to shake.

"Alex told me if I gave her one kiss she'd get over me. I tried to kiss her cheek but she turned her head and I ended up kissing her lips, and I got caught up in it. I just... I don't know what happened. It just started to intensify and I... I just- just don't know what happened. I really don't understand and I'm trying my best to understand what I'm supposed to do and what's going on but I just don't know what to do" I ranted guiltily. "It's my fault I should have never even talked to her I knew she would do something like this I'm so sorry Christen I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I don't know what to do I'm so sorry" I said, now shedding tears one after another.

Christen didn't move or speak. She sat there with her head down and stared at the floor, her tears had stopped.

"Christen I'm so sorry I don't know what to do I know I can't fix this I don't know what to do I'm so sorry I-"

"Shut up" Christen's sharp voice interrupted. "Leave me alone"

I sat there speechless for a minute. I had never heard Christen say something like that before, in such an angry tone. I felt my emotions slowly go numb, realizing I had just ruined everything.

I slowly got up and started to walk back to the dining hall where everyone was eating dinner. I stopped by the bathroom to wash my face and try to make it look like I wasn't crying. I opened the door and I saw Kelley in there washing her hands.

"Tobin?" She called, quickly drying her hands and coming to the door where I was standing.

"Tobin are you crying? What's going on?" Her concerned voice said.

Her hand came around my neck and the other around my waist and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Tobin talk to me" she eased. "What is it?"