Chapter Sixteen

*Tobin's POV*

Dear Miss Tobin Heath,
I am pleased to inform you that we can start with rehabilitation for either 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or 6 weeks. The 2 week course is the most rigorous, and you will be working with therapists and doctors for the entire day, where as the 6 week course is slower, and allows more time for relaxing and making friends. No cell phones are allowed during any course however we will have phones available for your use. They will only be used for calls. Below is an attachment of what you should and should not bring for each course.
[Attachment: 1]
We hope to hear from you soon, please respond to this email regarding your choice of course within the next 7 days. We plan to start a course sometime within 30 days from today.

Waterfront Treatment and Rehabilitation Center

I sighed and closed my phone glancing at Christen sitting next to me.

"Hey" Christen said, noticing my sigh.

"Hey" I said.

"Was that the-"

"Yeah" I said interrupting her. "I don't want to go"

Christen reached for my hand and put her phone down.

"You gave up that choice when you signed the discharge papers. What's on your mind?" She asked, her eyes searching for something within mine.

"I-" I started. "Never mind"

"It's okay. What is it" Christen asked, her voice getting softer and softer.

I couldn't tell her that I felt the same way about her than I did with Alex. How was I supposed to tell her that I felt more towards Alex than her? What would she do?

"Christen... something in my heart is tugging towards you. I'd imagine it's the love but it's confusing me so much and it's driving me crazy. I look at you and I feel traces of memories and moments that we shared but I don't know why I love you. I don't know why every bone in my body aches for you. I just can't put my finger on it but all I know is that I feel things about you. A lot of things. But I feel a lot of things for someone else too-" I got interrupted when Christen quickly pulled her hand away from mine.

"It's Alex. Go to therapy. She broke your heart and the emotion you're feeling is sadness. Not love" Christen said almost too forcefully.

"Oh" was all I could manage from the angry statement. "I'm guessing we've had problems about her before"

"Yeah. One too many" Christen said while her eyebrows furrowed.

"But what if what I'm feeling isn't just-" I started

"Tobin. Stop please. We already dealt with this" Christen begged.

Suddenly I knew what Christen was so afraid of. She was scared that I wouldn't want her anymore. That I wouldn't love her anymore. I was a little scared too. What if I still loved Alex?

"What are you thinking?" Christen asked, a little softer.

"Nothing" I quickly shot down her question.

Christen held my hand and rubbed her thumb in circles.

"I didn't mean to come off as rude. I was trying to protect you. I guess I don't know what I was protecting you from, Tobin. I'm just stressed out and I don't know what to do with your therapy and not being able to play and my body is sore and right about now so is my heart"

"Christen, I love you" I told her firmly. "I never stopped. I don't plan on it"

"I love you. A whole lot too" Christen said, her phone beginning to ring. "Can I take this really quick?"

I nodded and she left the room quickly. I pulled out my phone and quickly deleted the email from Waterfront.

Christen walked back into the room and I was scrolling through my twitter feed reading friendly tweets wishing me a healthy recovery.

"Everyone knows about that accident" I said, trying to make some conversation.

"Yeah, by the way Jill said she wanted to talk to us when we were feeling better" Christen said, her big round eyes immediately melting my heart.

"God, am I ever feeling good enough to talk to that woman?" I responded, getting a small chuckle from Christen.

Christen sat down on the bed next to me and I noticed tears slowly swelling in her eyes.

*Christen's POV*

How would I tell her the news? I should probably let Jill break it to her. Should I? Tobin was quick to comfort me as she got up and scooched over towards me.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright. What's wrong?" She asked, her voice putting me into a familiar daze.

"Nothing it's just been a stressful few days" I responded vaguely.

Tobin's eyebrows furrowed as she watched a single tear drop onto my shirt.

"It's not nothing. I know it's been stressful and I know it's mainly my fault, I shouldn't be adding more stress talking about Alex and Waterfront." Tobin seemed disappointed.

"Tobin, it's not your fault. That truck wasn't supposed to have been running the red. You didn't do anything we just got very unlucky" I said, reaching for her hand, "You didn't do anything wrong. You're the best"

Tobin laid back down and gently dragged me down beside her. Her arm draped around mine and we fell asleep in the comfort of home. The last thing I remember was the sound of Tobin's soft giggle as I kissed her cheek.

——

GUYS IVE BEEN SO DEAD SORRY OMFG BUT IM BACK AND IM GONNA UPDATE MORE