Chapter Fifteen

*Tobin's POV*

Days had passed and Christen's eyes were full of love and energy as she finally began to talk about how we got here.

"It was September. It was our second training camp together. We didn't really talk but we were friends, we were teammates. I liked you. This was 3 years ago by the way. Nothing huge happened at that training camp. Nothing really ever happened until this extended training camp. The first day, I found out that I was rooming with you and I was so excited I was literally so full of joy. We were already kind of close by this point so it wasn't awkward. We roomed the first night and somehow ended up confessing our love for each other and you comforted me in ways I've never known" Christen looked at me with her round blue green eyes.

"Now the only comforting I need is gonna come from doing the same to you" she said, interrupting her story.

I smiled at the thought and she continued.

"I woke up the next morning with you in my arms and I knew that this was what I wanted. That this feeling of safety and this feeling of home would never get old. I fell in love with you. I fell in love with you a long time ago. Sorry it took me so long to realize. That I love you" she said, her eyes full of honestly and innocence.

"I loved you to the point where I didn't know what I would do if one day I woke up and you didn't love me back. It feels an awful like that day right now"

"Woah. Stop. Who said I don't love you?" I interrupted, noticing the hint of disappointment and sadness in her voice.

"You don't remember me. You don't know me. How could you love me?" Her voice starting to crack.

"I don't know you. My memory is at fault for that. But all I know is that I have a lot of love for you. I can feel it in my chest" I said, "I feel you in my heart, even if you're not in my brain"

Christen gave me a look. A confused look.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that some part of me needs you like you need me" I reiterated.

Christen's face lit up slightly, a hint of relief in her eyes.

"Your eyes are the most familiar, your voice the most comforting, your heart the fondest" I said honestly.

I really didn't know her. I didn't recognize her but inside me, something in my veins, something in my bloodstream, something inside me had so much love for her. Something inside me missed her.

"Can I come over there?" Christen asked, her bed on the other side of the small room.

"Please" I responded, scooting over in the bed despite the aching I still felt all over.

Her body was soon next to mine and I felt my stomach drop, feeling her skin on mine triggered a chemical response in my body and I knew I was in love. But this feeling was so familiar, I felt it recently but why wasn't it from Christen?

I tried to recollect some type of memory of when I had felt the same. Alex. When Alex hugged me. Why did I feel this with Alex? She was just a one night stand. Or was that all I remembered?

Christen held my hand and we watched Judge Judy. It felt right but something was wrong. Something was just off and I didn't know what it was.

I fell asleep and when I woke up, Christen was back in her bed sleeping. A few minutes later, the doctor walked in with some forms.

"Hi! Glad to see you up" he greeted.

"Hey" I responded, "What time is it?"

"7 in the morning" he said, "Which means that you're officially eligible to consider some therapy options. Here, let me show you some"