Chapter Eleven

*Tobin's POV*

I got back to the locker room after seeing Christen get praise from Jill. It made me happy knowing that she was finally coming out of her comfort zone and scoring more goals.

"Tobin! Wait for me!" I heard Christen's little voice say as I stopped.

"I have a surprise for you when we get back" she said, her voice sending chills down my spine.

"Okay. Let's shower and hurry back then" I replied, desperately wanting to wash up.

We walked with each other into the locker room and quickly got cleaned up and dressed.

"We have basically the whole day off tomorrow" Christen said, putting her shoes on. "We should do something"

An idea slowly formed in my head as I agreed to her. We walked out towards the bus and sat in the seats we came in. She had a couple things with her, a water bottle, a pillow and her phone with headphones.

"I wanna show you this song" Christen said, handing me one headphone.

"Okay" I replied simply, putting the headphone in my ear.

The music started and I tuned out all the background noise.

I can give it all on the first date
I don't have to exist outside this place
And dear know that I can change

But if stars, shouldn't shine
By the very first time
Then dear it's fine, so fine by me
Cause we can give it so much time
So much time
With me

And I can draw the line on the first date
I'll let you cross it
Let you take every line I've got
When the time gets late

But if stars, shouldn't shine
For the very first time
Then dear it's fine, so fine by me
Cause we can give it so much time
So much time
With me

If you want me
Let me know
Where do you wanna go
No need for talking
I already know
If you want me
Why go

The song continued and eventually came to a stop, Christen's hand naturally gravitating towards mine.

"I want you" I told her, remembering the lyrics.

"I want you too" she softly whispered.

Her head snug in the crevice of my jaw and shoulder, her music continuing to play, and the soft rhythm of my heart to remind me that I was alive.

Eventually I fell asleep. I woke up to the bus taking a sudden stop. How long was I sleeping for?

Christen's breathing was heavy so I knew she was still asleep. Her head was starting to make my neck hurt and I shifted a little bit, searching for a spot that wouldn't feel sore. I must've moved a little too fast cause Christen woke up and moved off my shoulder.

"Hey" I said, holding her hand.

"Hey" she replied. "How far are we?" She said, yawning quickly.

"I don't know, I just woke up" I replied, smiling at the sight of the tired girl.

"Oh" Christen said simply, leaning further back into her seat.

I sat there and watched her until we reached the hotel. We all got out and got our bags and continued into our rooms. Once we got there Christen and I laid in bed and turned on the tv.

"What should we do tomorrow?" I asked her, wanting to take her somewhere nice. "I wanna take you on our first date" I said, holding her hand.

"I'd like that" she responded, kissing my hand. "Anywhere works for me"

"Let's grab a brunch, go to the beach about 5 minutes from here and then get back for the team stuff" I said, making sure she was alright with it.

"Okay, it's a date!" Christen exclaimed, squeezing my hand slightly.

I looked into the eyes of the girl I loved and smiled. How lucky could someone get?

"Stop looking at me like that!" Christen teased.

"Looking at you like what?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Looking at me like you love me" she said.

"Chris... I do love you" I confessed, softly tightening my grip on her hand.

"And I like it when you call me that" Christen said, looking at me. "I've loved you for so long" she said.

"So have I" I said simply, resting my head on the backboard. "Honestly, I never thought God would bring me here. Dreams come true, Chris. They really do"

"They do" she simply agreed, snuggling against me.

We watched reruns of SpongeBob and laughed at the dumbest things. I watched her smile form from the very middle of her lips, spreading towards the sweet curves of her cheek. In that moment, I swear I fell deeper.

————

Authors note- really short chapter im sorry for the late update and this chapters kinda boring cause I'm so busy with school :-( but thanks for reading I can update on the weekend

Also comment your ages so I know how intense their relationship should get ;')