Chapter Five

*Tobin's POV*

I woke up what felt like hours later on Christen's lap.

I was wishing that my last memory with her was a lie I started to get up. Christen's soft voice instantly relaxed my tense muscles.

"Hey sleepyhead" She greeted.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily.

"Almost 5, we have another team meeting in 30 minutes and fitness training after" Christen said softly. "The rest of the girls are down in the conference room watching a movie for team bonding. I told Jill that you weren't feeling good so I would stay in with you"

"Thanks" I was still a little confused on whether or not everything had actually happened.

"So how do you feel" Christen asked me gently.

This showed that it wasn't a dream. My parents just disowned me. Not just but they still did. They didn't love me anymore.

"I feel... kind of confused" I replied honestly.

Christen laid back against the headboard and I leaned in next to her. Her hand went to the top of my head and she stroked my hair slowly.

"Everything will be okay. Honestly Tobin. I swear I won't let anything happen to you" Christen said quietly. "I'm your family" She added.

"After the rest of the team goes home to their NWSL teams, where will I go?" I said. "I can't be with you cause Chicago and Portland are hundreds of miles away, I can't be with Alex cause she's with Orlando now" I added. "I have no one after the USWNT goes their separate ways"

Christen smiled a little bit.

"Actually, while you were asleep I got a call from Portland and they wanted me to sign with them. They wanted a forward from the national team and they said I just happened to have the best chemistry with you during international games" Christen said, her face brightening up. "I told them that I'd get back to them so I could get your opinion"

"Yes, yes yes yes yes. A thousand times yes" I said while squeezing Christen in a tight embrace.

Christen was glowing. Her smile made all the bad news seem not so bad. "Okay I'll call" She said, pulling out her phone. She dialed the number for the Thorns and we waited as the dial tone ended to a friendly voice.

"Hi you've reached the Portland Thorns' management team, can I direct you to a specific member of our team?"

"Can I talk to Mark Parsons?" Christen's excited voice called.

"One moment" The voice on the other end said.

Minutes later, a voice called through the speaker of the phone.

"This is Mark Parsons" The voice stated.

"Hey Mark, this is Christen we talked earlier about me playing with the Thorns for the upcoming NWSL season" Christen said, smiling.

"Hi, Christen! The offer to move into the team is still here if you want it" Mark said.

"Yeah I was calling to let you know that I wanted to take it" Christen explained.