Chapter Eight

*JJ's POV*

I wandered around the hallway trying to find Kelley's room and I came across her room. Opening the door, I saw her comforting Tobin on a bed.

"Tobin, what happened?" I asked, confused about what she did.

"Do you think I can talk to her? Do you think she'll let me?" Tobin asked, knowing I had just talked to her.

"Tobin... She's not as bad as before but give her a little time before you do" I said, knowing that it would only make Christen more upset.

"Yeah okay" she agreed, her tears slowly coming to a stop.

I wondered what they were gonna do, being roommates. Even worse, I just found out they would play for the Thorns together. I felt bad for the awkwardness they would face if they didn't resolve this but all I could think of was how good their team would be now. And how much I would miss Christen being on my team.

"I don't know how I'm gonna fix this. I know how much this is gonna affect her in the game tomorrow. Jill said she was going to start her. Now she's gonna underestimate her cause I ruined her idea of love" Tobin quickly ranted.

Kelley quickly left the room to go check on Christen but I continued to talk to her.

"Woah. You guys were in love? How long was this going on for?" I asked, curious to know the details now that she was talking.

"We weren't really official. I never asked her to be my girlfriend but turns out we both had feelings for each other for a long time" she explained. "And I can't believe that I ruined that"

"Well if you love each other, I guess all you can do is hope that the universe will fight for you" I replied. "I hope it does"

"Did you and Zach ever go through something like this?" Tobin asked about the man she recently got engaged to.

"We don't really fight anymore. But that's cause we went through the awkward dating stage and we grew together and we learned what we need to avoid in order to keep each other happy" I explained, thinking back to when Zach and I were just dating. "But one time dying college I found out he was texting his ex girlfriend, and I would be fine with that but he kept it a secret from me. It pissed me off. We broke up for about 3 weeks but I could never get him off my mind. We eventually made up, he cleared up that she was only texting him cause she was trying to get an internship where he had one" I explained, smiling at the story.

"This is so much worse than that though" Tobin replied doubtfully.

"I know but what I'm trying to say is that no matter how big the mistake is, if she's truly the one in your heart, she'll feel it too" I said, comforting her. "And if you never give up on her, no matter how long it takes, it will work out"

"How am I supposed to just sit here and let her leave?" Tobin said, worriedly.

"Actually I kind of had an idea. Lemme see your phone" I said, putting my hand out.

Tobin pulled it out of her pocket and unlocked it.

"Why?"

"Just open a message with Alex. Trust me. I really think this will work" I said, reassuring her.

Tobin sighed and gave up her phone. I began to text.

Me: hey Alex, I've been thinking about that kiss...

Alex: oh yeah? so have I.