Apologies for the Undeserved

E flopped down on her bed after walking back to the hotel from her day out. The walking wasn't anything new or unexpected as she'd walked for hours on end in the woods, but it was the people that exhausted her. There weren't even that many considering it was a Tuesday afternoon but the ones that did walk and drive around were frantic wth their heads full of useless anxieties and thoughts.

In the few shorts hours that E had been around them, the adamancy of protecting humans had disapparated completely. Their lives were fragile and meaningless and she no longer cared to see them live, especially when their death meant her own life and sanity.

'You're being a hypocrite, E. Your putting your life ahead of theirs when that's part of why you hate them.'

'Well, I have more purpose than them.' E tried to rationalize. 'I'm powerful with a lifespan that's 10 times longer. I have more to offer just by being alive for a day then they will ever have in their life's.'

'So? All your doing with that "power and life" is killing them. What's the point?'

'The point is that their useless.'

'Well, they created you didn't they? So if they're useless, your life is more so.'

'I'm not going to have this petty argument with you.' E ended coldly.

'Only because you know you're wrong.' Andria retorted. E took the comment with silence. She knew Andria was right but she couldn't admit it. There was no point life so why did it matter! Why did it matter that she felt that death was their happiness because it was their escape. She didn't have a choice, she was stuck with a longer life than she deserved and with someone that actually felt she had something to live for. Stuck with monsters and demons and screams and a girl that didn't deserve to die. A girl that had only been five when she was given a life worse than death. It wasn't fair, life wasn't fair but death was so why did it matter.

'I'm sorry." E said suddenly.

'About?'

'Your life, being bonded to a monster and having no choice and everything else that's terrible because of me.'

'You're something I've learned to love so don't apologize.'

'You love me?' E replied, taken aback.

'Of course, you're the only thing I have.' Andria said matter-of-factly.

'It's not what you deserve.'

'Life isn't about deserving things, it's about living with what you have.'