Chapter Nine

(Dipper's POV)

"Oh now I get it, you must have thought of when I threw you off a cliff." Bill didn't see me fall to the ground. Everything looks like it's moving. I covered my eyes, but that didn't stop my heart from racing and the dizziness to continue. Dipper, you need to calm down. You've got magical power or whatever now. If you fall you won't get hurt or maybe you can't fall. I'm not going to try that. All I have to do is envision the Mystery Shack and concentrate on that. That's a lot easier said than done when I'm thousands of feet up. "Hey Pine Tree, are you okay?" I heard Bill asked, but refused to take my hands away from my face. I feel like I'm going to get sick, again!

"Bill what the hell? Why did we end up here? Out of all the places we could have ended up, why here?"

"Well, you see, I messed up your concentration and this was the first thought you had after I messed with you." Bill said, trying his best not to actually say what he did.

"And why the hell did you kiss me?" This wasn't a good time to talk about it, but I kind of wanted to know.

"I don't really understand the purpose of 'kissing' but I guess it's supposed to be a big thing for you humans. It was just the first thing that came to mind. I only had a fraction of a second to react." He responded. I realized that my shaking had slowed. Maybe if I keep myself distracted long enough I will be able to concentrate and get out of here. I decided to think of a way to keep the conversation going. My hands were still covering my eyes. No way am I going to risk the progress I've already made.

"So that was the first thing you could think of. Not very creative."

"I achieved what I was going for, so I consider it a win. Are you ever going to move your hands from your face?"

"I don't plan on it." I told him sternly, hoping he would understand not to mess with me at the moment. I'm still trying to concentrate on the Shack. It seemed that it was slowly working. I just need to keep from thinking about where I am.

"Come on, the view is pretty nice up here." Bill said and I could feel him pulling on my wrists.

"Bill back off." I pushed both of my hands away from me hoping to hit Bill. I didn't open my eyes for the short time I planned on removing my hands, but something I didn't plan for happened. Bill caught my wrists and held my hands to my sides. I had no choice but to open my eyes. I realized there was snow up here, and it was whirling around us. Some of the snow had gotten stuck in Bill's hair, thankfully all I could see was him and I could stay oblivious to the descent only feet away from us. How am I not freezing right now? It has to be below freezing at least with all of this snow, and considering how high up we are it might as well be below zero.

"See it's not that bad up here." Bill said with a smile. It quickly changed from a reassuring smile to a smirk. He moved out of my field of vision and I was able to see the the mountain range before us, cloudy with the falling snow. I started getting dizzy again and moved to cover my eyes but Bill held onto my wrists tightly.

"Can you not be a jerk for one minute?" I shouted as I struggled to cover my eyes, and kept them closed for as long as I could. However, sooner or later I was going to open my eyes and Bill knew that.

"Pine Tree, you're not going to fall. The edge has to be at least five feet from us." Bill faked trying to calm me, I knew he was enjoying every second of this. "I didn't mean for you to get a whole phobia when I dropped you off the cliff, all I wanted to do was scare you. You humans are too frail." He mumbled to himself. Slowly I could feel my breathing slow and the dizziness started to fade. I'm not going to fall, this time I'm already on the ground and Bill isn't pissed. I opened my eyes out of curiosity, and surprisingly the world didn't feel like it was spinning anymore. Even though the Earth is always spinning at about 460 meters per second.