Chapter Nineteen

(Dipper's POV)

I laid awake in bed; not really sure what to do. Bill had been right about one thing; my dreams had been very eventful, but I was still mad at him and overall had an uneasy feeling about him. My dreams were like a movie; watching him go from someone just trying to help his friends to becoming cruel and uncaring. He was still as bad as my first impression implied, but I could tell that he wasn't completely heartless. I mean even after all that happened he still looked out for Jessa and some other demons he considered 'friends'. Though I could understand why his dimension is called the nightmare realm; I felt as though I had just watched every messed up movie ever made in one night.

Without thinking much about it I stood up; careful not to wake Mabel and left the attic. I went to sit on the roof; to consider everything. Oh, and now that I think about it that memory he was talking about, the water flea, that isn't even that funny. Okay, maybe a little, but he really should have left that thing alone. I guess he just doesn't know when to quit. Which makes a lot of sense. He's still here after all. Still bothering us.

"Hey Pine Tree! How are you doing?" Bill appeared behind me and rested his chin on my head. His elbows uncomfortably placed on my shoulders.

"You're past is basically the stereotypical good guy goes evil story. Though you weren't much better to start off with." I scuffed.

"Oh, did I hear that correctly? Pine Tree called me a 'good guy'? Sounds like your brain's a little messed up." Bill flicked me on the side of the head while he teased.

"Whatever, I just meant you weren't as bad as you are now." Bill's arms slipped down around my waist as he rested his head on my shoulder. It was strange that I was just sitting there letting him touch me, but I didn't feel uncomfortable around him anymore. I know all I need to know about him, and quite a few things I wish I never learned.

"Also, I got to see your memories. It was quite entertaining." I was about to say something because I hadn't realized this thing went both ways, but Bill cut me off. "Now I was thinking about what I could do to make up for my actions." He said it as though he didn't believe he had done anything wrong; he probably didn't. "But I don't know if you still care about these things. I noticed you were trying to make a new one." As he said that the three journals appeared before me floating in a circle; with the sunrise it looked as though they were glowing. I reached out to touch one, expecting my hand to go right through it, but I was able to pick it up. However, it caused a chain reaction and the other two fell. Ironically the one I had grabbed was journal three.

"How?" I asked as I skimmed through the pages; everything was as I remembered.

"I memorized them before I destroyed them." Bill answered quickly.

"And you really could make them this easily?"

"Of course, they are just books anyways." As I was looking at journal three I remembered the last time I was here. The memories I had seen of Bill's did involve weirdmageddon, and what happened afterwards. He was trapped for the longest time, but Jessa was the one that got him out. After that it was endless searching for him; he had lost everything while he was trapped, and getting revenge was all he could think about. How has all that planning turned to this though?

"Bill, why are you being so cooperative? I mean you hate us, but you're not acting like it."

"Aw, but I don't hate you Pine Tree." Bill cooed.

"I realize that, but why?" I hadn't been able to actually hear Bill's thoughts throughout his memories, and wait, now that I think about it; I don't have all of Bill's memories yet. Nothing after the watches. "Bill, why am I getting your memories? What is this really? I mean how is this working?"