Chapter Ten

(Dipper's POV)

I woke up to hear someone yelling. I couldn't tell where I was, and still wasn't able to open my eyes but I could hear a conversation.

"What the hell was that? I can't believe I thought it would be okay to trust you to do even the simplest of tasks. You could have killed Dipper!" That was my uncle Ford yelling, most likely at Bill.

"I was making sure that I got all of the power out of him." I heard Bill scoff, not really trying to fight. He just sounded bored. I wonder how long they have been bickering back and forth.

"If anything happens to Dipper or Mabel while they are with you I swear I will make sure you're dead this time." Ford said before leaving the room. That's when I decided it was safe to open my eyes. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Bill's face.

"AH!" I shouted in surprise, but it only lasted a second. Then I noticed something was off. Bill was floating over top of me. Is that how much power only two crystals give him? "What are you doing?" I asked as I slipped off my bed and onto the attic floor, making sure that I didn't touch him.

"Your sister is too busy making out with her girlfriend to do anything fun." He responded.

"Girlfriend? Making out?" What is he talking about?

"Yeah, that blondy is still here. I swear she never leaves." He paused and gave me a serious look. "There is no way she's going with us." He said sternly. "I already have to take care of you two brats." Bill said and rolled his eyes, sounding frustrated.

"You don't have to take care of us. We take care of ourselves." He burst out laughing.

"Oh yes, because you would have been able to get yourself out of that bear trap or Shooting Star would have been able to get herself out of the clothes dryer." When did Mabel get herself stuck in a clothes dryer. Bill must have noticed my confusion. "She takes hide and seek to another level." That sounds like my sister.

"You're the one who came up with that idea." I shrugged. He did offer to just bring Mabel and I with him to find the crystals.

"Doesn't mean I like it." He mumbled. "Do you have anything fun to do?" Bill asked me. His face was very close to mine as he was floating in the middle of the room.

"I just woke up, Bill." I told him.

"You're no help." He said and dropped to the floor with a thud. I was laughing before I could stop myself. What's up with him? He's being too playful. "You're cruel Pine Tree, laughing at my suffering like that."

"That's not suffering. You're just bored."

"It's suffering." His head was against the ground, so his voice was muffled.

"Have you had anything to eat yet?" I decided to ask. I had just gotten up, and had no idea what time it was, but I was definitely hungry.

"Mabel got me some cereal." Bill put his chin on the wooden floor and looked up at me. "That doesn't mean I am not hungry though." He smiled and stood up.

"Do you even know how to cook?" I asked. He was supposed to be all knowing, but he doesn't seem to understand a lot of simple things so I just wanted to check.

"I was a multidimensional being of pure energy, I've never needed to know how to cook." He responded.

"I'll take that as a no then." I made my way to the kitchen while Bill followed. The kitchen and the dining room were really the same room, so the first thing Bill did was flop on the table and watched me from there. I don't even remember the last time that table was cleaned, and he's laying on it. "You probably don't want to be doing that." I informed him. As I was pulling the eggs out of the fridge I had a flash of the events last night. Bill kissing me, and what he said after that. I dropped the carton of eggs as I realized what I still needed to ask him. Am I going to be brave enough to do it though?