Chapter Twenty-Eight

This is just a chapter focusing on all of your least favorite characters. Though this chapter does contain a few important hints. I don't know if anyone has already figured it out yet, but not everything is as it seems.

(Noah's POV)

I woke up to the sound of someone shouting. Most likely Adrian messing up a spell again. Being the good kid I am I decided to see what happened, and most likely help him, most likely. Though if it has anything to do with that weird goo I saw him messing with yesterday I'm staying out of there. As I opened the door to my room I was greeted with a spider. Why do they hang out around here so much? Bella doesn't even live here, and they're her spiders. Why can't they bother her more?

"What happened?" I asked as I walked into the room I expected Adrian to be in.

"Close the door!" He shouted. Just before I could close the door a gremlin looking thing ran passed me and out of the room. Adrian took off after it. Just as the thing moved to take a turn he was able to pounce on it, and he threw it into a portal to who knows where.

"What happened?" I asked. It was the first time I had seen something like that, and it was pretty ugly looking. Though from living with him for almost a year now stuff like that doesn't surprise me anymore.

"It was another failed experiment." He said while walking back into the room. He paused in front of me, and slapped me on the back of my head before walking into the room. "When I say 'close the door' close the damn door."

"I didn't know there was a gremlin thing that would hightail it to the door."

"At least try to react quicker next time." He begged.

"Yeah, of course."

"Anyways, since you're up. Do you want to help me?"

"It's what I live for." I joked; though it wasn't far from the truth.

~~~

Just as we were able to get everything ready to begin the day's work a scream stopped us in our tracks.

"April?" I asked.

"April." Adrian said and sighed.

"Spider again? I did see one this morning." I asked.

"Probably."

"Too bad we can't make a magic barricade." One of my favorite things was the magic barricade; when made specifically it could keep out the magic of one specific person or demon. It was very complicated, but fun to make. However, Bella, we couldn't keep out.

"I really wish we could. Or that Bella would learn to stop making those spiders. What even happened to make her want to make those in the first place? I thought she didn't like spiders!" Adrian complained.

"Well, we know April doesn't like them for sure." I joked.

"Unfortunately." I never really understood what kind of relationship Adrian and April had, but it was somewhere on the romantic side from what I had seen. Though really it just seemed like April used him as a shield. And I had no idea how Bella fit into the puzzle. She was never around, but seemed to always be there. In the form of spiders, and in other ways I couldn't identify. Even with all of my years of training.

"I swear if I could I would cut off her magic supply and see how she likes it!" April shouted as we saw her throw a good sized spider out the window.

"Are you sure you don't want to join the softball team." I teased.

"I'm sure." She glared at me. "I swear! This is completely not fair! Not at all! She can torment me like this, but she makes it so I can't do anything back! All while I am just trying to help her!" April started pacing back and forth. Not noticing she had put her shirt on backwards.

"Just give it some time. Don't forget you're on a short leash now. You did kind of mess up big time not too long ago."

"That was years ago."

"In this dimension's time." Adrian countered.

"Well... It's still not fair."

"I can set up a barricade if you would like?" Adrian asked; though the answer was going to be no. April would only get in more trouble if she did that. I was surprised when she didn't say that right away.

"It won't work. We know that already." She eventually sighed. "However, is there anything you can do to keep arachnids out?" April questioned happily. I knew that something like that wouldn't be easy, at all, but I also knew Adrian would do it for her. Keeping out an entire species wasn't as easy as one person. You'd have to collect a lot of tiny hairs or just use the entire spider, the entire spider would be easier. Which means catching one. I shuddered at the thought. A few days ago one of them crawled on me and their hairy legs were very uncomfortable. It was like being walked on by a bunch of pins.

"I'll see what I can do."

"Really?!" April jumped and hugged him. "You're the best." As she went in for the kiss I turned around and left. It felt too awkward to stay around any longer.

"Is there a make out session in progress?" I heard a voice asked. When I looked down at the bottom of the stairs I was walking past I saw a blonde man walking up them towards me.

"Yeah." I answered. When he made it to the top of the stairs I noticed he was basically the same height as me, and had light brown eyes that looked like amber. He grinned wickedly.

"Great, I love nothing more than to mess with her." The man said and walked down the hallway. I had never seen him before, but if he could get in than that meant he wasn't an enemy.

"I thinks she's already dealt with enough this morning." I told him.

"Spiders again?"

"Yes." The man hummed happily before turning back to me.

"Name's Bill." He said and held his hand out for me to shake it.

"Noah." I said and shook his hand. I didn't need to ask to know this was Bill Cipher. In my short time here I had heard more than enough about him. Most of it wasn't good. Though I was more of the person the demons that work with him went to to vent their frustrations. If I told another demon about it it would be easy to call me a liar and get rid of me; I'm just a human anyways.

"I heard you had to miss out on the first day of school because of one of Adrian's mess ups."

"It was more my fault."

"It was his fault for not watching you carefully enough." He didn't say that as though to defend me, it was more as if it was a fact.

"May I ask why you are here?" I decided if he was talking to me I might as well ask some questions.

"I've noticed my journal is missing. I'm guessing April has something to do with it." I tensed up at the mentioning of his journal and that was a mistake. "I'll take that as a yes. Do you happen to know what she's done with it?"

"No."

"There's no need to lie. I'll find out the truth one way or another." He didn't sound threatening, but I knew something bad would happen to April if he found out what she had done with his journal. Bill sighed. "If I have to I will use force. I'd rather not though."

"She gave it to Dipper." I found myself saying before I could stop myself. I glared at him, he used his power on me to get me to say that.

"And she wonders why I don't trust her." He said calmly. Though I could tell he was anything but calm. "It seems I am going to have to find a way to get that back now. Or destroy it."

"I could get it back for you." I offered, hoping that might get her off the hook.

"See, now that's why I let them keep you around." He said happily and turned to walk off to the room I had seen April and Adrian in. What did I just do? Now I have to get that journal from Dipper. He's probably got it on lock down until he can figure out what it is. At least he doesn't seem to have figured out what it says yet. Maybe I could use that.

"I'm so stupid." I muttered before walking down the stairs. I can't use any spells on him, but I'm not good at being subtle.