Chapter Twenty-One

(Dipper's POV)

Mabel and I's birthday came and went, and with it the rest of the summer. We started packing the day before to make it to the bus ride home. I made sure to keep the journals out of Ford's sight. Stan had walked in on me reading one of them, but he didn't seem to have told Ford. And the journal Ford had given me at the start of the year was still almost completely empty.

"Dipper, don't worry about anything while you are back home. We can handle this." Stan said to me as we waited by the bus stop. I knew he was talking about Bill, but I wasn't worried about that. I still felt hollow. He was gone. I don't know where he is, but he's not anywhere I can sense him.

"Got it." I answered. Even as the days went by and I felt like I had to tell them this, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just wrote it off as me missing him.

"Now don't forget to get all A's and fill out that journal. I have high hopes for you." Ford said. Trying his hardest to sound happy. Which wasn't something we saw often now that Bill was free.

"Don't worry about his grades grunkle Ford. You have basically been tutoring him all summer. He'd be able to pass college classes." Mabel said while laughing. That was the one thing that really made me forget about all of this for a little while. Ford started tutoring me as a way to get his mind off of Bill, and it seemed to help us both. Before we could say anymore goodbyes the bus pulled up, and Mabel and I rushed into the back seat.

As we left Gravity Falls I felt as though I had forgotten something, but I had triple checked my bag. I even had a check list and I had checked off everything on the list. I still felt like I was missing something though. That's when I got an inspiration to begin writing in my journal. I began writing down the events of the summer, so I knew I would never forget them. For all I know this might come in handy in case another demon takes the same way here Bill did. The more we can learn from the mistakes we make the better we will be prepared the next time around. I just hope there won't be a next time.

(Jessa's POV)

"Why can't you just listen to my advice every once in awhile?" I complained. I wasn't surprised when I didn't get a response. Bill has been unresponsive for months in human time. He obviously wasn't taking the rejection well, and was trying to make a new plan. Him and his stupid plans. If he didn't feel the need to have to continue to take his anger out on Dipper's family then they could be happy together, but no, for him revenge is necessary. There is only one way I can get him to listen to me. Offer a solution for his problem. One he would accept.

I left Bill to his thoughts as I went looking for Dipper. He needs to be warned. When I saw him he was almost passed out in the back of a bus. Talk about disgusting. This bus looked like it needed some extra powerful cleaning. Even I wouldn't be able to clean it. Before that image could sink into my mind I entered Dipper's. I met him in his mindscape.

"Dipper, how are you doing?" I can't start the conversation with 'your family might die because you decided to leave Bill and he's falling apart because of it.'

"What are you doing here?" He asked suspiciously. I rolled my eyes. It's kind of funny how similar those two are.

"I just wanted to say hello, and give you a warning you should pass on to Stan and Ford." Now, I'm not a huge fan of them either, but this is for Dipper's and Bill's sake. If Bill kills them then Dipper will never forgive him, and that really puts a damper on my plans. "Bill's planning again, and he doesn't seem to be taking your rejection well. Not a surprise because in thousands of years you are the only one who caught his eye." I added and rolled my eyes. Why do these two have to be so complicated. Things wouldn't have ended like this if Bill had listened to me before. I noticed Dipper blush at the last comment I made. That let me relax a little; at least he still liked Bill. Otherwise I really would have my work cut out for me. "Anyways, you need to warn Ford to either fake his own death, or hide."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I am trying to get you idiots to stop being so stupid and get together already. Things wouldn't have gotten this bad if you stayed with Bill." I mumbled. It would be easier to talk to him too. And I would be able to get him to understand how stupid this whole revenge thing is.

"Bill's still here?"

"Of course you idiot." Before I could say anymore I was ripped from Dipper's mindscape. A large bump had woken him up.

(Dipper's POV)

I was pulled out of my deep sleep when a bump in the road made me fall out of my seat. I couldn't remember what I had been dreaming, but it felt like it was important. Oh well, if it really is important I will remember it sometime. I started looking out of the window, and for a second thought I saw someone else's face looking back at me. I couldn't tell who it was though. It had probably just been my imagination. Then I could of swore I heard a voice, but Mabel and I were the only ones here. This bus is just too weird.

(Jessa's POV)

"Dipper, don't forget what I told you." I tried to say so he would hear me, but I doubt he would be able to. Reluctantly I went back to Bill. If only Bill hadn't felt the need to force me back into the nightmare realm, and on top of that he took my power from me! I could continue to rant about all the times he was unnecessarily mean to me, but now is not the time.

"Bill, I think I have a plan you would approve of." I said to him. He turned to face me with an unamused expression. So I started to explain my plan, and he nodded along, considering what I was telling him.

"That is a pretty good plan. Seems you've learned a lot from all the time you spent with me." Was all he said before turning around. That's when I realized there was more things wrong here than a hit on his ego. He's not mad, he's hurt. I have no idea what to do in this situation. I've been by his side for as long as I can remember, but I've never seen him hurt. Not once. This is going to make things more complicated. I'm going to have to take some time to think about this.