Chapter Sixteen

(Dipper's POV)

After I calmed down I decided that while we were watching the movie was the best time to start questioning Bill. He didn't seem that interested in the movie anyways. What am I going to start with?

"Why do you like me?" I asked without much thought. It was a good question. Shouldn't he hate me just as much as I should hate him. He hummed before answering.

"I thought it would be simple for you to figure out. I guess not. You're fun to mess with, smart, and overly reactive. I guess that could be filed under fun to mess with." I could tell that Bill wasn't about to stop anytime soon. "You're cute, when you get embarrassed your whole face turns red. Which happens a lot; you should stop taking things so seriously."

"Oh." I was surprised by his answer. That wasn't what I had been expecting; a full on rant of all the things he liked about me.

"What?" He asked, noticing my less than enthused reaction.

"You aren't lying, right?" I looked directly at him while I waited for his answer.

"Of course I'm not lying. I don't think I would be very good at faking it." He told me.

"Faking what?"

"Liking someone." He clarified.

"So you really like me? What if I was to say I liked you back?" I kept it metaphorical. No need to just go out and say it. I don't think I would have it in me to do that anyways.

"Well, you'll just have to wait and see." He didn't sound like he was going to say anything else on the subject.

"What did you give Ford?" I asked. He smiled wickedly.

"That was just a little joke. Just like you, he takes things too seriously."

"What did you send him?" I asked again.

"You'll have to wait and see." Was all he was going to tell me. Why do I have to keep waiting? Why can't he just tell me now?

(Mabel's POV)

Earlier in the morning than I would have liked, we had to go back to the Shack. Emergency family meeting Ford said. It most likely had to do with Dipper's situation. So now we were back at the Mystery Shack, and weirdly enough I was left out of this conversation. I don't know why, but it wasn't like I couldn't find anything else to do. Maybe going outside will help me feel less stressed about this whole thing?

When I walked outside I noticed it was cloudy; probably going to rain soon. I hope their conversation doesn't go on for too long. I was heading towards the back of the Shack because that's my favorite place to sit by the trees, saying there are a lot more there than in the front. When I was walking along the side of the Shack I noticed something strange sitting in the garbage can. It was a pretty big and heavy looking box. I pulled it out of the trash. There was a ripped up piece of paper in it.

"This is what I have been training for all my life!" I cheered while I started putting it back together with the help of a roll of tape I had in my sweater pocket. When I was done putting it together the note read something like:

Dear Sixer,

I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing this was still part of tradition while you were a kid. So, do you think Dipper is worth two mules or one? I would honestly give a unicorn to marry him. Anyways I have none of those things, so I hope this counts!

From: The Amazing Triangle Bill Cipher

Was Bill being serious when he wrote this? Or was this just a joke? Does he really want to marry Dipper?