Chapter Thirty-One: Three Nights

The lord of the manor allowed us three more nights of rest as a thank you for protecting Rolenov from incursion.

Night One:

A cough woke me from sleep. May was lying next to me, sleeping soundly. I looked up and found the culprit. Leaning over the bed was  naked woman. Her hair was blood red and tied back in a ponytail. Her breasts seemed too perfect. My eyes drew further down until I noticed that around her ankles and wrists the skin began to fade into crimson scales.

Shit, a succubus.

She was currently recovering from a coughing fit. She noticed me looking up from her.

"Can I help you?" I said in my hazy consciousness.

"You wanna fuck?" She asked bluntly. Her voice was sweet, she said "fuck" in tone that would suggest the word was foreign in her vernacular.

"No, no thank you." I denied politely. I've never met a succubus before than. As a teenager I may have been fine with it. "Can I ask, what you're doing here?"

"I need to seduce you, have sex with you, and consume your soul." She said. "So what do you say?"

"I think I'll pass on that." I said.

"Ardy," May said, still asleep. "what's going on?"

I turned to her, "Nothing my love. It's just a sex craving demon. She wishes to have sex with me and steal my soul." I thought it important to always tell the truth in relationships.

"Okay, I think there's a newspaper on the bedside table. You can just roll that up and swat it." She said, rolling over back to sleep. I chuckled at the image she just presented.

The succubus looked at May. "Maybe if you wake her up, us three could do something together." She suggested seductively.

I glanced back at May, seriously tempted to ask. But I decided against it. The whole soul stealing part would have a bit of a turn off. Fun though, but some what sort lived. "I think I'll let her rest."

The succubus put her head in her hands and began to cry. "Why can't I ever do this right?" She weeped.

I felt obligated to help her. I seemed to think that since I didn't reciprocate sex, it was my responsibility to make the demon feel better about herself. "It's okay." I said, placing my hand on her shoulder. Her skin was incredibly smooth.

"No it isn't," she said in between breaths, "how am I supposed to be a succubus without being able to seduce men into soul stealing sex?"

"This sounds like an issue you've been having." I observed.

What was I doing? Was I about to help a succubus with a sex issue? ME of all people.

"Yes," she said, "all my friends able to fuck guys souls out every night, sometimes two or three a night. Yet, I'm still a virgin."

"Okay," I said, wishing I was back asleep; not having to deal with the problems of nocturnal sex fiends. "Why did you choose this manor to... Sex up? Don't succubi go into a villages, dressed as farmhands, and prey on the young boys there?"

"We used to," she sobbed, "That was before we realized men will say yes to sex regardless of context."

I nodded, she was right. "So why here? Everyone is asleep."

"I didn't choose this place." She said, "I was reading and my coven sisters kidnapped me and forced me into this manor. They found out about my virginity and told me that, 'if you don't lose your maiden head by sunrise, you're exiled from the coven.' So I picked the closest bedroom to the entrance."