Chapter 1:4 - The Scene of the Crime Part 1

Back at the RPD, I'm late again for thirty minutes because of the heavy traffic, but I know that I'm excused, despite of what happened.

"Officer Styles, you're late again. Officer Simmons right here told me that you were in the scene of the crime. Was he right?" Chief Myers asked.

"Yes Sir, I was there. With all due respect Chief, I did my very best to seize the suspect, but I failed", I answered, as I looked down frustrated.

He's Chief Ronald Myers. I consider him as my idol. He used to be the captain of the squad. He has been risking his life for almost twenty years and he used to be the conductor of the highest-rated strategies and operations of police forces not only here in Rushford, but also in other countries as well. What a guy!

"Officer Styles, are you still with us?" Chief Myers interrupted.

"Oh, I am sorry Sir. I am just not satisfied of what happened earlier".

"No need to be sorry Styles. I am glad that we did not lose a comrade like Hawke. Simmons, any update?"

"Sir, the police are still investigating the crime. They will be out in an hour", Bob replied.

"Alright gentlemen, I want this man to be captured, whoever he is. I want to expect detailed files on that man. I want to see his face. I want your guarantee gentlemen that he won't stand any chance here in our city. Let us not frustrate the people who are expecting great things from us, including maximum security", Chief Myers declared.

"Yes Sir!" chanted by the officers in unison.

"Alright gentlemen, prepare in the next forty-five minutes. I want any update as soon as possible", Chief Myers continued.

"Sir, I want to have a word with you for that", I suggested.

"Yes Styles? Do you have any stories to talk about?"

"It's not just a story Sir. It's a deal."

"So, what's the deal Styles?"

"I want your permission to put me on the case. With all due respect Sir; I don't care what the brochure says."

"Brochure?" Chief Myers asked and grinned.

"Ugh, I mean, I want to investigate the case and put this man behind bars. Please sir, let me have it", I begged.

"Alright Styles, you're on the case", Chief Myers said.

"Thank you Sir, you won't be disappointed", I said, with a smile.

"Alright, gentlemen. Let's do this!" Chief Myers exclaimed.

vR{