Chapter 1:6 - The Unexplainable

I still have five hours to complete my 24-hour duty, so I take advantage of this moment to have the unknown specimen be checked. I go to the Rushford Laboratory at Mackinson.

After an hour of non-stop driving, I arrived. Security is very tight so I have to act decently.

I'm completely amazed of what the place is made of. It's very huge. There are many kinds of operating machines around the vicinity. All the employees are dressed in hazmat suits. Some are all very protective in their surroundings. They are double-dressed.

The interiors are heavily fortified with cleaning agents, disinfectants, screen protectors, radiation-proof materials and of course, fire extinguishers and fire exits. That is how powerful the laboratory is.

"Hey! What are you doing here? This is a very sterile place. You have to wear a hazmat suit before entering", an employee warned.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Officer Jacob Styles of the RPD. I came to this place because I want to check something that is very necessary for my investigation", I introduced myself to him.

"You're an officer, huh? Do you have the specimen?"

"I got it right here."

"Well then, follow me."

We decided to wander around the vicinity. I wonder where he will take me to.

"Officer Styles, welcome to Rushford Laboratory. I'm glad that you didn't find it difficult to hitch your wagon here."

We pass by a group of people checking on some so-called animal experiments.

"My apologies Officer. They are working on an experiment about the reaction of the newly-extracted serum of sophisticated mice, combined with the guinea pigs' blood in cultivation of our newest invention. We call it "The Serum Prototype 001", otherwise known as "The Pill of Century", which is used for medicinal purposes and treatment of the diseases that are incurable by man."

"Here we are in the main lab Officer. Let us take a look at your science project. Please wear your hazmat suit first."

After wearing that sweaty suit, we entered the lab, where there are plenty of microscopic gadgets.

"Give me your specimen Officer. I will check it."

He slides the specimen on the glass and under the lens. He looks at the eyepiece like he's puzzled. After waiting for thirty minutes, the man finally came into a conclusion.

"Officer, this thing that you brought here is practically new to my own eyes. It is a very unexplainable specimen. I saw that it's apparently phagocytotic, which means that the viruses enclosed here are in a usual manner of eating living cells. It can produce a harmful effect on every host. Can I have a sample of it so I can make my further study?" the man explained and asked.

"Yes Sir, of course." I answered.

"Very well, thank you Officer. You have just given me a wonderful specimen to be taken care of. See you some other time." the man finally said.

As I exit the laboratory, many things come into my mind. Who's really that man who escaped? Is he truly the carrier of that specimen? When will I find everything about this? I don't have to disappoint everyone. I really want to find out who that man behind this.

trol VqS2