Chapter 2:9 - Tactical Overdrive

During 24 hours, Diane and Brock tries to infiltrate Halford Inc. again, but this time, they come to the complex with flaring guns.

"Intruders!" a henchman yells, as he loads his rifle.

Within a second, there comes a group of sentries in full weaponry. Multiple gunshot sounds come roaring above the skies.

"Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!"

Diane comes dodging every bullet with her katana. She dashes through a group of sentries, slashing them one by one.

"Ssssslllllaaaaassssshhhhh!"

Another wave of attackers comes running towards them. Brock arms his submachine gun and holds its trigger continuously. The sentries began to drop down like dominos.

"Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!"

Suddenly, a huge explosion is seen a foot away from them. They see a group of incoming sentries from the rooftop, with RPGs on their shoulders.

"Oh come on! Is there anything that they don't make here?!" Brock exclaims in dismay.

"Brock, look out!"

Diane swiftly comes towards Brock and spears him away from the target spot. There comes an explosion.

"Boom!"

"I owe you one Diane. Now let me have them", Brock says, as he stands back up.

He shoots the sentries from the rooftop and they fall like dead birds.

"That is what I call 'Bird Hunting', yeah!" Brock taunts, while striking a Mafia stance with his gun.

"Come on Brock. We have to get inside", Diane tells him.

As they are barging inside the complex, they still see approaching sentries coming from different directions.

"Diane, find your cover!" Brock shouts to her with warning.

She finds her cover beside a machine. Brock cooks a grenade and tosses it to the sentries.

"Come on dogs! Fetch!"

"Boom!" an explosion blasted them in pieces!

"That should be the last of them", Brock says with relief.

Unexpectedly, they hear a roar of a motorboat departing at the back of the complex.

"Diane! They're getting away! Go now! I'll catch up! Use this!" he gives his gun to her.

She runs through the back door and exits the complex, but it's too late. The sentries are already a halfway on the lake. She shoots the motor engine and blasts them in history.

"No!" Brock yells at her in despair.

"It's now too late for us, Brock! We have no choice!"

"They had the samples, Diane. It's now useless. The samples are now dumped in the lake. There's nothing we can do now!"

"No, wait. This is a factory. Are you thinking of what I'm thinking right now?"

"Hmm, we still got a chance to strain the diluted samples? I got a strainer in the trunk that we can use."

"No Brock! Don't be silly! I know that there's a water treatment plant somewhere here in the factory. We should activate it before the samples are get swept by the tide and get drunken by the fishes."

"Oh! Yeah! Now you're thinking!"

Suddenly, as they turn their backs . . .

"Where do you think you're going?"

It's Richard, together with Randall!

"Hold it right there intruders! There's no way for you to get your plan B started! You're already too late! The samples will be splashed by the waves and they will be spread out by diffusion. There's nothing you can do now", Richard ranted, as he's pointing his gun at them.

"If you're thinking about using the water treatment plant, you're still too late. I've already punched the factory's lockdown button and the evidences of the Halford Inc. will remain as a myth forever. The Rushford citizens will never stand a chance of living their whole, pathetic lives on this city! Not anymore!"

"You're planning to destroy Halford Inc. Fortunately, this will be the beginning of our plan to destroy you all first!"

"Richard, you're still not getting away with this! Someday, your plans of destroying this city will be terminated and all your people, including you, will pay for what you've done!" Diane shouts back at him in anger.

"Hahaha! Oh yeah? I'm sorry to hear that, but you two chose this fate. Randall, dispose of them now!"

Randall points his gun at them and pulls the trigger.

Two gunshots are being heard.

"d'gVt