Chapter 2:5 - Diane Montgomery

"Ugh!" Diane exclaims as she jumps out of the window. She lands on the ground smoothly. Her cloak is being ripped apart, so she takes it all off.

"There she is! Don't let her get away!" a group of henchmen exclaims while they are loading their guns.

She runs as fast as she can, dodging their shots, until she runs into a dead end. She climbs up the wall and catapults herself to a group of henchmen, arming her katana.

"Ssssslllllaaaaassssshhhhh!!!!!"

There goes a slice of their stupid heads! That decapitated them!

"Bang!"

Suddenly, there's a sound of a gunshot. Snipers!

She runs back and forth, loading her grenade. She jumps on a truck, catapults herself right to the guard tower and tosses the grenade.

"Boom!" an explosion that was heard. After that, she landed onto the ground.

She walks past the dead guards, thinking it's all over. Suddenly. . .

"Oh! What is that thing?!"

She drops down from where she's standing at. She can't believe what she's seeing! A freakishly, huge monster appears from nowhere with a huge, pointed axe!

"You've got to be kidding me!", she said, holding her grip onto the katana.

"Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!" the monster growls at her.

Then, there goes a fight.

Diane swiftly jumps on its big shoulders and starts slashing both of them, but it's also very quick. It mauls her with its axe and apparently, she dodges it. She cartwheels right at its back and starts slashing it. All she can hear is its growls of pain.

Thinking that it's down, she slides under its huge body and slashes it. Then, she gets up.

She suspects that green slime oozes out from its body. That's very disgusting.

Any minute now. . .

"Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!" the monster growls. It's being resilient to attacks.

Looking at its stance, it's completely battered. Finally, Diane still has a last grenade to blow it up.

"Goodbye, Halford", she said, cooking the grenade. She puts it inside its overall and jumps over the fence.

"Boom!"

The gruesome fight ends with an exclamation point.

She runs again past the shrubs and there she sees a van approaching. It cautiously stops at her front.

"Come on Diane! Get in!" the driver says.

It's her comrade named Brock Ashfield.

She gets in his car and safely escapes from Halford Inc.

"Well, well, well. If it wasn't for me, you would never get this far", Brock says, winking at her.

"I get it. You want some appreciation?" Diane asks him teasingly, chuckling.

"Not anymore. It's just that you're still alive and that's all the appreciation I need", Brock replies, smiling.