Chapter Fourteen - But Time Comes Around And I'm Not So Naive

<<Five Years Later>>

-Mike's P.O.V-

"He's suppose to be a badass artist dude." Billie, Tré and I were looking at a sketch he made for a banner for our band. We needed one in case venues had another bands name on the stage. It would be simple to set up and people would know who we are.

"What do you think though? Do you like it?" Billie showed us a piece of paper with 'Green Day' drawn on it in simple font. We both nodded.

'Yeah. Short, sweet and to the point. Like me in bed." Tré smiled as Billie and I burst out in laughter.

"Alright, good to know to man." Billie said as he tried to calm down. When he did, he continued,"The place this guy owns is down the street. One of you wanna go?"

"I will." I volunteered and he handed me his sketch, the address and the name of the artist.

"Alright. Be back in a bit." I walked out of his backyard and read the papers. Ironically the guys' name was André but no last name was given.

I pushed thoughts of an old girlfriend aside and focused on where I was heading. Then I ended up in front of a place called "Rebel Society Tattoo." Interesting, Billie didn't mention it was a tattoo place.

I walked in and saw a girl drawing at the front desk. She was wearing a red baseball shirt with the sleeves pulled up. I could see a tattoo sleeve that ended in the middle of her right forearm peeking out. Her blonde hair was shinning as sunlight by a nearby window hit it. She didn't look up from her drawing until I was right in front of her.

"Oh, sorry. I was-" She looked at me and all the color drained from her face.

"André?! André Rachel?!" I took a step forward to make sure it was her.

"Get. Out. We're closed." She said quickly. Her eyes were wide and she didn't look too happy to see me.

"You're not closed! and it's me! Mike!"

"I know exactly who you are dude! Now get out!"

I was so confused. Why was she kicking me out?!

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

André gave me a cold glare,"Get out, now." She demanded but I just stood there looking at her like an idiot.

"Why are you so pissed?!" I argued and she grabbed me by the shirt and dragged me outside.

."Because I fucking can be!" She left me out there and walked back in. She flipped over the open sign to closed and locked the door.

Once again, she left me at the door.

-André's P.O.V-

It was him. He was here, in my shop. I'm not going crazy! It was Mike!

I ran into the bathroom and took off my glasses. All the memories of broken hearts and stupid mistakes came flooding back. I wiped my eyes of forming teats and tried to control myself. I kicked him out. Most likely he was still there but there's no way in hell I'm letting him in.

With a deep breath, I put my glasses back on and walked out of the bathroom, To my relief, Mike left but there was a piece of paper in front of the door. I walked over to pick it up and there was a sketch of the words 'Green Day' in simple box lettering. Highlighter was used to show what colors should be used. It was meant to look like it was pooping out and there was a little note scribbled in pen pen behind it.

"We need a banner of this by next Wednesday. We heard you're the best artist in town and hope you would do this for us. We'll pay whatever you charge. Thanks. -Mike"

I rubbed my forehead. It's been what, five years since I've seen him and he thinks he can break my heart, find me again and ask something of me?! Are you kidding me? I'm not the type of person to forget someone who did her wrong.

Also, if he comes back, which I'm sure he will, I'll give him a piece of my mind he should've gotten years ago.

I walked over to my desk and slipped the sketch into my backpack. In an hour, a guy was going to come back for a tattoo of a koi fish on his calf and I wasn't even done drawing it out. I pushed all thoughts of Mike aside and tried to do my work.

-Mike's P.O.V-

It's been five years since I've seen that pretty face... She hasn't changed much since high school but then again, I had a two minute 'conversation' with her. The majority of the time she was telling to get out.

I slide the paper underneath the door with a little message and started walking back. Obviously she didn't want to talk.

How could she have just left? I thought we had something and she broke my heart without an explanation. If she was planning on leaving before we met then why didn't she tell me or try to say goodbye?

My thoughts were like messy spaghetti as I was walking back to Billie's yard.

"Well that was fast. What he say?" He asked looking up from a notebook he was writing in. Tré was changing the laces of his shoes and I took a seat across from Billie.

"The guy wasn't a guy..." I said, not making eye contact with either of them.

"A girl then? Holy shit! Is she hot?"

"Yeah, pretty hot." I said, turning my gaze to the ground.

"What is she? Blonde, Brunette. red head?"

"Blonde."

"ohhh! Interesting! Put in a good word for me, will ya? Tell her I'm like Rico Suave..." He ran a hand through his hair, trying to imitate a guy at the beach and Tré started laughing.

"Billie..." I tried to tell him but he ignored me.

'Yeah, and that I play guitar and sing. Chicks dig that." He thought for a moment,"oh! and that I'm good in the sheets." A perverted smile played across his face and I looked at him.

"Billie... It's André!" I finally said.

"André?" He thought for a moment,"Tennessee?" Tré asked and I nodded.

"André Rachel? The same girl who left and never came back?"

I nodded once more,"Yeah. Apparently she owns the shop you sent me too."

Billie's jaw dropped,"So she did become a tattoo artist after all.. Dude I had no idea. A friend of mine said that place did banners and shit like that."

"Holy shit we should go over there!" Tré messed with his hair violently and then looked at us.

"No... she, she kicked me out. as soon as I stepped foot in there." I signed.

"What the fuck? What did you do?" Billie had a confused look on his face and I shrugged,"If I'm correct, she's the one who left you." He said and I nodded,"She was so mad. Jesus, you think she'd be happy to see me."

"Aww man... I hope Tennessee didn't turn into a Grade A bitch over the years." Tré pouted.

"I hope so too man." I rested my jaw on my fist before continuing,"I also don't know if she'll do the banner for us. She said they were closed so I just slipped the paper under the door. We can check tomorrow."

"Hell yeah we'll check tomorrow. I want to know what her deal is." Billie tapped his pencil against his chin and wrote lyrics down.

"Don't worry man. Everything's gonna be cool. Tré, cool." Tré patted my back and he put his shoes on,"Pun intended." I chuckled as he started running around the perimeter of the house.

Typical Tré Cool.