Chapter Fifteen - Is This Some Kind Of Love That Only Hate Would Understand?

-André's P.O.V-

I woke up the next morning and got ready with the pace of  slug. Hitting my alarm clock, I walked to my closet.

What I liked about being a tattoo artist was the fact that I don't have to wear a uniform or dress professionally. I can wear whatever the hell I want and so can my employees.

I fixed my red converse on and threw the backpack I've had since high school over my shoulder. I took one final look in the mirror and left my little apartment. My shop is so close! I can just walk over there!

I took a deep breath and hoped Mike didn't show up. I really don't want to deal with him and I have to decide whether or not I want to do this banner thing. I'm pretty sure it's for their band and he did say they would pay whatever I charge. Maybe this could really benefit me.

I slipped the keys into the door knob of Rebel Society and walked in. The first thing I did was dump my backpack behind the desk and grab the black binder that had all the appointments; I looked at what I had scheduled.

The guy from yesterday was coming in to get his koi fish done and I had a girl coming for a cover up. Two more would also come in for sketches and return in  the course of the week to get their tattoos done.

I closed the binder and put it back to set up my station. Needles, machines, sanitation needs, numbing gel in case they couldn't handle the pain, napkins and a water bottle for clean up. In this process, the door opened and one of my regulars came in... Duncan.

Duncan is the type of punk guy who thinks he can get any girl he wants... me especially.

"Hey baby." He gave me a flirtatious look and I immediately dismissed it.

"I'm not your 'baby.' I have a name, smartass. Learn it." I grumbled.

"But you're too pretty to be called André. Baby is more cute." He sat in the station next to mine and leaned over with a smirk.

You can tell I was beginning to get a little annoyed.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly, trying to keep myself busy.

"A piercing. My eyebrow this time." He poked at the fleshy part of his eyebrow,"Or if you would do it I want one for my co-"

"Our piercing guy isn't in today." I immediately cut him off before he could continue,"Come tomorrow or don't come at all."

Duncan rolled his eyes,"Oh little André. You're always playing hard to get. Why don't you just accept that fact that you love me?"

"Fuck off man! Go away. You're preventing people from coming in." As I shot him a glare, he sighed and slowly got up. His many pocket chains dangled from his pants and he looked at me before walking out.

"I'll be back." He smirked one last time and blew me a kiss.

He's another person I don't want to deal with today or any day for that matter!

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. A few minutes later, one of my employees and also a good friend of mine walked in.

"Hey André!" Katy gave me a smile and I noticed that she had dyed her hair again. This time it was a very light, soft pink.

"Dudeee, I love your hair!" I smiled back as she put her stuff away to check the black binder.

Katy Alamanz has been working for me for about 6 months now. She's an amazing tattoo artist who loves to dye her hair crazy colors. She's practically a walking rainbow!

"Awh, thanks. You should come over and I could dye your hair! You wouldn't even need to bleach it!" Katy's been wanting to color my hair ever since she first starting working for me.