Chapter Five - Something's On My Mind

-André's P.O.V-

I woke up the next morning to the blaring of my alarm clock. Great.

"André! Come get breakfast!" My mother yelled as I turned the alarm off and made my way downstairs.

"Good morning mom." I said tiredly as I sat at the table. My mom had her hair in a messy bun and was making eggs.

" 'Morning sweetie. Did you sleep well?" I could here the Ramones play in the background

"I don't know..." I seriosuly didn't. There would be moments were I was sleeping like a baby and the next thing I knew. I would be tossing and turning. My mind was wondering, but I didn't know why.

"I hope you're not getting sick." She put a plate of pancakes and eggs in front of me with a fork and touched my forehead.

"No, no. I'm fine." I assured her and she gave me a worried look before sitting besides me.

"So, I heard there's a dance at your school this Friday. Are you going?" oh God please help me.. Growing up, my mom would always try to get me to hang with the other kids but I was always to myself. This is why I never tell her about school events. She has the power to make anything extremely awkward.

"How did you find out?" I asked her. She smirked and pulled out a crumbled up flyer from her pocket,"Next time, clean your room."

Damnit...

"Actually, no. I don't really plan on going." I started eating my breakfast and her shoulders slumped.

"André, you should go and make friends! Like those boys your tutored. I saw that one of them walked you home... And I also know that the sweater you wore last night wasn't yours either!"

 She teased me and I tried to not feel embarrassed. It was hard though.

"Mom they're just friends... And the guy that walked me home was just being nice! "

"Oooh! That's what they all say! So what's his name?"

"Mike... He's in a band with the other two.."

"I always knew you'd fall for the musician!"

"Mom!" I stood up abruptly and got myself a glass of orange juice,"I didn't 'fall for him'! I barely even know the guy!"

"That's not what the hug you gave him last night said!

"I don't like him like that! and it was a simple hug! What? Are you spying on me now?!"

"I'm your mother! I'm suppose to! so what does he play?"

I sat down and began eating again,".... Bass...." By the look on her face, she was already planning a wedding for Mike and I... That we would NOT have..

"Awwh! That's adorable! Hey, you should pick up your bass again and you two could play together!"

"Mom..." I drank from my cup and finished eating,"If I wish to find someone, I will. Let me go at my own pace." Her face saddened a bit but she eventually agreed

"Alright honey. I guess I was being a little pushy." I smiled softly at her.

"It's okay. Now I gotta go get ready for school! I started a new project yesterday!" My mom laughed as I put my dishes in the sink and bolted upstairs.

I was excited! Yesterday I managed to sketch part of Wolverine on the drywall. If I get to school quick enough, I'll be able to finish the sketch and start filling it in. Then maybe after school I'll go to the comic shop and see what's new.