Chapter Sixteen - A Spasm Of Love And Hate

"Hey, thanks for the koi fish man. Its beautiful and it means a lot." Roman was the man who I finished the koi fish for and he was another satisfied customer

"It's no problem. I'm always happy to do your tats." I smiled warmly as he gazed at it in the mirror. Roman was actually started getting teary eyed, something I never thought possible since he's such a tough guy.

"Its a reminder to stay strong. Ya know? Ever since my wide wife died, it hasn't been the same."

I understood what he was feeling. I pulled up my sleeve and showed him a tattoo of a rose with a banner that had my mothers name on it,"Gloria's my mother. She's still in the hospital, but I'm fighting for her everyday."

"Momma Rachel's in the hospital? For what?"

"Yeah, she got admitted three months ago for lung cancer." I said sadly as I rolled my sleeve down.

"Wow... I hope she gets better André, but thanks so much for the art." He smiled at me.

"Dude, its my pleasure. See ya around." We bumped fists and since he already paid, he left.

I ran a hand through my hair and started getting ready for closing.

It was dark outside. The street lights were on and I was the only one in shop. Most people would be creeped out (a.k.a the rest of my staff), but I was never bothered by it. If anything, it was relaxing.

As I was putting away some things, there was a knock on the door. People came in for late tattoos, but never this late. I looked up to see a guy with brown hair and the bluest eyes ever. He had a guitar strapped around his shoulder and a rose in the other hand.

Well fuck.

-Mike's P.O.V-

I smiled softly at her shocked expression and showed her the rose. I slowly opened the door and walked in. "Hey André."

"Mike.. What the hell are you doing here?" She rubbed her forehead and then looked at the guitar,"and I thought you played Bass."

"I do. Billie just let me borrow one of this for the night." I walked over and handed her the flower. With hesitation, she took it trying to repel a smile.

"What are you doing?" She said, watching me pick up the guitar in my hands.

"This." With a smile, I started playing and singing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles.

"Well I'll tell you something

I think you'll understand

When I say that something

I want to hold your hand

Oh please say to me

You'll let me be your man

And please say to me

You'll let me hold your hand

Now let me hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

And when I touch you I feel happy inside

It's such a feeling that my love

I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide