Expectations

The moist feeling of chapped grass wove between the dips of her toes as it coated the earths floor, the sting of fresh air painted her nose red making her cheeks blush as a reaction.

Both Klous and Lincoln stared in utter shock as the knife clashed besides the heel of her foot in order for her to replace it with the Brutum wrist in one hand, directing the line of action by curling herself into its chest, as she used the force and weight of the Brutum to her advantage too flip him over into a nearby tree, as it shattered against the sudden weight of the incoming impact.

"Just who the hell is she" Klous asked through his clenched teeth, studying her movement's, Lincoln kept quiet, not answering as Klous voiced his thoughts, he wonder the same questioned, however one thing he was curtained of, she is no average sky lander.

This was obvious to him by the way her hair flowed, hitting her back as she stood in a position of a professional ballerina dancer, as well as the way she carried herself felt as if she was on air, with such grace and elegance it was astonishing, and her age did her no justice.

Rhea, sigh in displeasure within her heart as she felt beads of sweat form at the nape of her neck, cursing at her long hair. She knew she is at her limit, as her heart pounded against her chest rapidly, time is not on her side, realising this, she quickly analysed the situation, taking in every details her surroundings had to offer before nodding, repositioning her stance.

The sound of crushed brunches echoing throughout the forest, gained both Klous and Lincoln attention, as if on cue a blood curling roar adverted their stare from Rhea back to the Brutum who stood up on its leg, chest heaving as he breathed threw his nose as it flared up in anger.

Its fist balled up into a form of a rock, back arched and chest exposed, Rhea glanced at the Brutum with her shoulders pulled back, her position calmed, she had one chance at this, she couldn't figure out how to kill it, it was too strong of an opponent, even for her.

Klous looked on, the fight between the two is monstrous, as if the Gods were watching, the atmosphere turned ugly making his breathing become uncontrollable, the clouds started blackening, blocking out the moonlight as drops of rain started to drizzle.

A final roar from the Brutum and he took off, launching himself off the ground with the aid of the stone like trees, snapping it in half as he soared through the sky, straight towards Rhea.

Rhea glanced up in surprised, completely stunned by the Apes antics, as mud started drowning her feet, slowing down her reaction time.

Lincoln and Klous felt their stomach sink as they witness the Brutum body colliding with Rhea's, without a doubt, both knew she couldn't dodge in time due to the rain and the darkness consuming her vision, this was the perfect plain field where the Brutum was at its strongest. There was no way anyone could have survived that collision; it was inhumanly impossible.

Confirming their thoughts, the present of where Rhea once stood vanished, leaving the Brutum to stand up on its legs, too its full height, shaking off the rubble of fallen twigs from the contact, with the moons rays peeking out from the shadows, immediately displayed the stripped silver line that slashed down its back to the tail bone, to blaze in glory as the coal fur coat empathized on its colour, the sound of victory echoing throughout the once dead night sent a message of warning. This is his territory as he belted out a roar that sang the deaths tune.

Klous couldn't help but feel disappointed, this was not how he expected Rhea to go out, it was embarrassing, without a second glance he turned towards Lincoln with a stoned face, (At least our job here is done and our people are safe.)

Before Lincoln could reply, a familiar horn was heard, calling them back.

(Lets go brother.)

*************

I would like to thank you all for supporting my story and for waiting, i know its been a while since I updated -.-" but alot has been crazy lately, so for that I am sorry everyone!!! >.<

I am welcomed to any ideas you have for this book as I only update when an Idea hits me or i am inspired by something, please note: if i have used an idea from you i will personally state who the person is that inspired me to write this chapter and name the chapter after you :)

Thank you for all the kind comments, votes and lovely follows xxx

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

From,

S