Unexpected turn of Events.

Rhea:

The alarming sound of crackling could be heard ringing throughout the once dead forest, spooking the animals nearby, as they all turned to flee from the immediate noise in the opposite direction, out of fear and instinct.

The sudden upset, rudely awoke Rhea from her coma like state, as the cold winter breeze bit at her exposed skin, forcing herself to bite down on her bottom lip as she let out a painful hiss, the sight of her body was gruesome, with open wounds that needed immediate attention too as it started showing signs of forming into an infection.

Laying limp on the moss floor, the weight of Rhea entire body felt inhumanly heavy, with the earths soil that has not yet recovered properly after the rain, buckled beneath the pressure.

Blinking away the drowsiness that tried to consume her, Rhea took the liberty to gather her thoughts together for a few minutes, slowly regaining consciousness as her vision became stable, she was met with the night sky that is currently being accompanied by the variety shades of grey colored clouds, covering the stars, as if hiding them from the human eye as the moon hanged brightly, blinding her temporarily.

The sudden smell of rotten flesh assaulted her nose, due the assistance of another set of cold air pricking at her open wounds, alerting her awareness more as she adjusted herself to her surroundings, Rhea grimaced in annoyance as her head throbbed, as previous event's came rushing back to her.

The Brutum, turning her head side ways, she came face to face with the Brutum, with it's eyes rolled back into its head as it laid on its side, a few feet away from her, dead, with blood marring it's own body, hoarding open scars identical to her own, that looked to be already feasted on by insects, with her knife proudly embedded into its chest.

Recalling the encounter, the collusion between the Brutum and herself would have been fatel, if it wasn't for the fact that she is a quick thinker, she may not have been so lucky if it wasn't for her wits.

It was proven during the attack, as she felt her feet hit a sharp and solid object, realizing that she dropped her knife earlier in the fight when facing it, Rhea could still remember the daunting feeling of her heart racing as she felt physically sick with the thought of the possibility of dying.

Her kill or be killed instincts kicked in, valuing her life, she spotted an opening on the Brutum as it left it's chest exposed when launching itself into the air, causing it's reaction time to decrease greatly, giving her more then enough time to counter attack.

Rhea memorized a fact from a book she once read on animals of Earth on the Ark, if aimed precisely, she could hit one of its main vital cord that could puncture it's heart after a minute or two causing it to bleed out internally, as it awaits its death.

Before the Brutum could deliver the final blow, making up her mind and taking a chance on fate, she stepped on the tip of her knife, hard, flinging it in the air, catching it in one hand as she used the other to apply pressure from the bottom to drive it into the Brutum chest, angling her stance just as her body took the hit.

Closing her eyes at the horrid memory, shaking her head, she glanced down at herself to study her situation, she didn't realize that such a fight would really cause such problem's, especially where she knows without a doubt most of these would scar up and become nothing but a reminder.

Flexing her injured shoulders, she held in a painful groan, wanting to get this over and done with before she still has to endure the stench of the Brutum as it became more and more insufferable by the second.

Now moving on to her arm's, and repeating the same processes, Rhea continued working on every limb in her body until she got the familiar feeling back again, which took up majority of her time as the clouds started to dispersed, leaving the stars to become visible and the night air to become colder.