Don't Judge A Song By Its Title

I made the worst decision ever. Jay knows I love him. I'm not paying Dwayne enough attention. My unhealthy rivalry with Sharon is getting more unhealthy everyday.
This isn't how I imagined high school would be. It's literally the worst thing I've ever been through. But if I've learnt anything from Jay, it's that if you keep pushing, things will get better.
"Earth to Amber... "I heard the rose sweet yet chill inducing voice call.
I turned round to see none other than the beautiful Sharon Stones behind me. This is unusual, my mind mocked.
I sulked.
"Yeah?"
She rolled her eyes.
"I get that we're not best friends or anything but as classmates we still have an obligation to look out for each other," she rushed as though she was giving a speech she didn't want to in front of people she didn't like.
Yet I didn't understand why she was telling me this. Then as she started speaking, it struck me.
"Mr.P hasn't gotten your literature homework," she began, "It was due two days ago."
I bit my lip. It hurt me to have my mortal enemy tell me about an area which I had clearly failed in. She had beaten me.
The worst part though, was the fact that she looked sincere. She didn't acknowledge the fact that she had beaten me at something. Was defeating me so easy it was irrelevant?
"Yeah, I'll get right to it," I avoided thanking her and started walking away, packing all my books for the classes I had today in my hand. I never wanted to return to the hallway and have Sharon humiliate me again.
"You know, as individuals, we have nothing against each other, I've done nothing wrong to you and I believe it goes for me as well," she called, making me stop in my tracks.
I pouted then spun round to face her.
I nodded, "Yeah, you're right. Thanks. I have nothing against you. Later."
Then I went on my way, hurrying to avoid her calling me back again.
After my History class I had a free period. I spent it in one of the vacant classes. And guess what, the universe hates me so much Sharon freaking Stones had a free period at that same time and also, quite strangely decided to spend it in that class.
The door opened and I saw her peek through, immediately she saw I was in the class, she turned to leave.
"Sharon," I called.
She stopped in her tracks and looked back at me.
"We have nothing against each other like you said, so why can't we stay in the same class. We should be able to last one period without a competitive streak."
She nodded in agreement and walked in.
She took a seat right beside me and I continued reading Take One. We didn't talk, like at all.
"You like Karen Kingsbury?" she called and I turned to see her smiling.
"Yeah, she's my favorite author."
Her smile grew, "Same."
"I like most of her older works. Really inspiring," she shattered the ice.
"Yeah, my mom used to have a room filled with her books, including all the classics," I found myself replying.
"Cool," she replied.
"You know, she inspired me in more ways than one," my cheeks went red.
"When I was younger, I would write play scripts on Christian literature," I laughed.
"I had some big ideas, my writing wasn't the best but I wouldn't mind channeling my ideas through a more seasoned writer," I concluded. "Wow. Sounds like you want to be a movie producer," she replied, humor tainting her voice.
I pouted, "I guess you could call it that."
The bell went off just then and we smiled at each other. I got up to leave and my heart jumped at what came next. She pulled me in for a hug. I hugged back.
With an 'I told you it could work out' smile she left the room.
I stood stupified before realizing I had Latin with Ms.Rodriguez next. At the thought, I sped off leaving the door to the class open.

A/N
:) Hi reader contingent of one, though if there's more of you guys I totally don't mind more readers lol. Like promised I worked on working the storyline and pushing Amber a little more. I love you, or better yet, all of you:)