Reconciliation

I twisted my hair playfully and threw my head back as I laughed. On a normal day, I would've been talking to Jay. My days hadn't been normal for a while.
"You don't know how happy I am that you gave me another chance Amber... " he called. He sounded happy.
"But Jay..."
I cut in, "Jay...doesn't matter anymore."
He replied,"I don't believe that Amber, and neither do you."
My cheeks heated up when I realized he was telling me the truth.
"Em, Dwayne, I have to go. I love you, bye."
I sighed and dropped my phone on my bed, sighing.

*************~~~~~~~~~~***********
My mum noticed I hadn't been talking to Jay since, I imagine it would be hard for anyone not to notice.
"Amber, what's happening with Jay?" she asked, one evening, while I was helping her out in the kitchen.
I dropped the knife and the sink and stared into the air. I really didn't feel like answering her.
"Mum... "
She shut the fridge and turned towards me, leaning on it.
"Oh no, Amber. You can't 'mum' your way out of this one."
I spun round to face her too,"Okay, I don't feel like talking."
She shrugged,"That's none of my business, you're my daughter, and I am responsible for you. Now, talk."
I went red. She didn't usually talk to me like that.
"Okay," I started, "You know Dwayne?" I answered my own question, "Yeah. He never really liked me. Jay talked him into going out with me so he could have time with Sharon."
She flared up,"So what are you still doing with him?"
I sighed, "Mum, calm down. He says he started to fall for me, and now, he genuinely likes me."
"So, I forgave Dwayne, and I'm not talking to Jay."
My mum walked out of the kitchen and opened the door to the living room.
I followed her and met her standing with...
"Amber, you can't run away from your problems."
I swallowed.
He waved at me, "Hey."
I turned to head upstairs to my room, but he held my hand.
"Amber... Please."
I took a deep breath,"Let. Me. Go."
"Please, Amber, it's me."
I flicked my wrist out of his grip and yelled,"I don't know who you are, and I want nothing to do with you."
My fists clenched, I continued to head upstairs. I heard him follow me.
In a split second, he spun me round to face him and held my face, his eyes staring into mine.
Without warning, I threw myself at him and hugged him. He dug his fingers into my hair and hugged me back. I rested my head on his shoulder and started to cry, but he put a finger to my lip and hushed me, rocking my body slowly and gently.
"I'm sorry, Amber."
I nodded quickly. He held me closer and stroked my hair, while his head turned to look at my mum. She flashed a smile at him. Everything was going to be fine.

Author's Note
Heyyyyy. Em, it's been a while lol, I updated again because a very special person asked me to. I'm sorry I took so long Tomike. So yeah, this chapter is dedicated to my lovely sis Tomkclin. And yeah, she's not my actual sis, that would be unnatural because she's so much better looking than I am lol😁