Space Jam 11

Dwayne arrived at six like he promised, and I was down to see him after getting fussed by my mother.
"Amber, do you really need to wear the Kyries for this?"
I shrugged. "Yeah, mom. Basketball trainers are a good luck token to me. Remember when I won that dance contest?"
My mom let me off the hook for that one. After curling my hair and pulling on a varsity jacket, I ran down to meet Dwayne.
My mom opened the door as she was there before me. I was adjusting my jacket and so immediately I raised up my head, the first thing I saw was a Greek god in a sweatshirt and high tops. Did I mention the sweatshirt fit snug?
"Amber! You look amazing." He said, grinning.
I blushed and started, "And you...you" I skimmed my hand over his All-Stars and Beats by Dre headsets. "You look like a model."
He laughed. He led me down the porch but not before my mom pulled him aside and whispered something in his ear.
"If I sniff even a whiff of alcohol from her breath, it will be your last." My mom was a terrible whisperer.
I didn't feel like she was overprotective or anything. In fact, I was glad she was looking out for me.
There was a black Mercedes Benz 4-Matic 2016 Edition outside but I wasn't sure it was Dwayne's so I just stood there waiting for him.
Then Dwayne walked over to me and said, "She doesn't bite."
My eyes twinkled with astonishment and my jaw dropped to the ground, that had been happening a lot since I met Dwayne.
He opened the door for me and I got in, then he helped himself.
He turned on the radio and revved the engine.
The song playing was a basketball theme song by Skrillex. That eased me a little.
A few cruddy jazz songs later and we were at the cinema. Dwayne helped me down from the Benz and led me to the counter, the smooth skin of his palm rubbing against mine as he pulled me along. Cue stares.
He got us two tickets for Civil War and then we went to the food court to get some popcorn. He offered me some Nutella but I grossed out and said, "No." I hated Nutella, hell! I hated peanut butter.
We got some milkshakes to go and went into the theatre. The movie started soon enough and completely cleared any tension in the air. This character, the Black Panther reminded me of a friend I had from Africa. He always talked about a black having a starring role in a superhero movie.
The movie ended and Dwayne and I went out after watching the credits end. I always wanted to see the credits. This time it was to find out who played Cap. He reminded me a lot about Dwayne.
The night was perfect. Then, I saw Jay and Sharon at the cinema giggling and whispering into each other's ears.
I told Dwayne it was getting late so we went to the car and got going. Just so you know, it was barely 9:30 PM then. I think he knew what was wrong, but he didn't push it. He was an empath.
When I got up, I ran straight up to my room and forced myself to sleep. I was upset but I didn't cry this time. Instead, before I slept, I texted Jay and told him we needed to talk. That was when I gained the strength to thank Dwayne over a call.

A/N
Boom! Dwayne and Emily's first bonding session. Technically. What do you think about their match? Who does Dwayne remind you of? What did you love about the new Captain America movie? Vote, comment and love!  Bye.