The Link

For once, I couldn't laugh hard at anything Jay said. My mind was occupied with Dwayne. But I didn't want to hurt Jay, so I decided to just laugh absent mindedly at anything he said.
He finally said, when he noticed I wasn't paying attention, "Amber, what's up?"
I shook my head quickly,"Nothing, what makes you think there's something wrong with me?"
He sighed, "Well for one thing, I said I failed Math and you laughed."
I went red. Ouch.
He added,"And you're my best friend A, don't you think I would notice if something was wrong."
I felt terrible hiding things from him.
"Em, Dwayne's parents are having a divorce."
He frowned and furrowed his eyebrows.
"Wow."
I pouted, "Yeah, wow."
The rest of the night was awkward, for a relationship like ours. For others though, it was casual and easy.
**********~~~~~~~~~~~**********
Love was making everything perfect, I couldn't think of anything better than my relationship with Dwayne. Talk came easy, and when he hugged me, every hair on my body stood.
I couldn't imagine life if he had decided to leave. Everything would have stopped, sure, I would still have Jay, but Dwayne was different from him in so many ways.
I glanced at the jacket over my chair. He had given me last night when it got cold out, I forgot to return it. Well, he's rich, probably has a room filled with them anyways.
I got up from my bed when I noticed something on my table which didn't belong there. I took a closer look and picked it up. Jay's phone. I turned the display on, and my eyes lit up when I saw the notification flying across the screen.
Hey it's me, Dwayne. Meet me in the park at 3?
Were they friends now? Or did Dwayne decide to talk to him just for me. I blushed at the prospect.
The time was 2:30 already and I was bored, after a few minutes rolling from side to side on my bed, I decided I could surprise Dwayne and follow Jay there.
I sped down the stairs and headed to his house.
"You left your phone behind last night, " I handed it to him.
He smiled,"Thanks."
When he dropped it on his bedside table I held his wrist and said,"Don't you wanna check for any texts?"
He gave a confused look.
"If you say so."
He glanced at it and made a face I didn't understand.
"I was wondering if I could come along."
He laughed nervously, "No, no. It'll be awkward that way."
Something wasn't right.
********~~~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~
I could have fun in the park without them. I strolled back and forth, searching for something worthwhile. I wished I didn't find what I saw.
"I heard about the divorce, I'm sorry."
At the words, I spun wildly and decided to search for where the voice was coming from, I could just meet up with them anyway and act like I was strolling then I ran into them. Wasn't I?
"Thanks, Jay. It's been easier, with Amber by my side."
I blushed.
That was when I decided to go in and act casual. I turned by a tree and headed for where they were.
"She's amazing, I know, that's why I got you to stay with her when I was with Sharon, so at least when I was busy with her, you could always help."
My heart skipped every beat it could have between then and the next minute.
Got him?
A/N
Short chapter and idk if it's really good but then again, for my sis @tomkclin who's bored and requested for it😊And Dwayne, yeah, I'll fix it sis lol