Chapter 24 - Surprise

Wow, that got the votes pretty fast O.O After this chapter, the story is going to be picking up pretty fast so be prepared for drama and danger XD

Automatic update: 20 votes

*****

“Again,” Liam smiled, holding up his gloved hand to the child. She giggled and stared methodically at her feet as she moved into a stance she had just been taught.

“Feet a liiiitle bit farther apart, love,” he instructed, tapping her front foot with his free hand. She did as he said and he nodded, pointing at the pad being held up.

“Give me a solid one,” he encouraged, her features contorting into a cute, concentrated stare, her tongue poking out slightly. She hit his hand as hard as she could, the young man shaking it and sporting a ‘painful grimace.’

“That was a good one,” he smiled, pulling off his gloves and crouching beside her. “Now what do you do if someone is trying to hurt you?” Her lips turned into a small, thoughtful pout as she played with Liam’s fingers.

“Amber,” he prodded softly. “What have I taught you?”

“Scream as loud as I can and try to find people,” she mumbled, glancing up at him. “Do you think he’ll try to hurt me again, Leeyum?”

“I don’t know, “ he said honestly, gently taking her small hand into his. “But you and your mum have me now, yeah? I’m just a call away.”

“Thank you,” she said, sounding a whole lot older than her six years of age. She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly.

“You’re about done for the day,” he said softly, kissing her temple and pulling away.

“Just a little bit longer?” she begged making Liam chuckle.

“See ya next week, Ace.”

“I’m not Ace, Leeyum,” she cocked her head to the side. “I’m Amber.” He grinned and tapped the tip of her nose, standing up.

“You’re mum is waiting for you,” he ushered, waving at the woman sitting in one of the chairs. She smiled, but even I knew that something was off and I didn’t even know her. Liam’s brow furrowed and he took the little girl’s hand, guiding her over to the woman. I could see him questioning her, his back tensing as she nodded and looked at the floor. He reached out and touched her shoulder and that was all it took for the woman to break down, her body shaking with sobs. I started to get up, wanting to help but not knowing how to as I watched the young man hold the mom tight, whispering something in her ear.

She pulled away and smiled, saying a readable thank you before taking her daughter’s hand and putting on a fake smile that I was all too familiar with. Liam stalked back to me, his body posture tense as he crouched in front of me.

“Her husband beats the living hell out of her and her kid,” he muttered, looking away. “He was put away for a while but since he’s been out, he’s harassing them. That’s why I’m training her little one, Amber.”

“She’s a cutie,” a said softly, rubbing his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down.

“She is isn’t she,” he chuckled, looking up at you, the spark in his eyes coming back.

“So-“

“I know what you’re gonna say,” he smirked. “That was one of the cutest things you’ve ever seen in your life and you want to have my children.” My face grew beet red and I shoved him backwards so he rocked on his heels and landed on his backside. So I might have thought that once or twice in the span of watching him with the child, but I wasn’t going to outright say it.

“Kidding! Just kidding,” he laughed, rising to his feet and offering me a hand. “So ready for the surprise?” He pulled me up and grinned attractively, whipping off his shirt. I swallowed thickly, eyes trailing down to his low slung joggers and body flushing with heat.

“U-uh” I babbled, trying to move my gaze up to his face. He chuckled and cupped my chin, pulling my face up to look at him.

“You alright there?” he asked devilishly. “You seem…flustered.”

“Get on with the surprise,” I huffed, stepping away from him to regain my composure. He nodded, dragging me to the middle of the mat and dropping my hand.

“Surprise,” was all he said, confusion flooding me.

“Wait, what?”

“I’m gonna teach you how to box, baby…”