Chapter one

SHORE'S POINT OF VIEW

                                                                                 ^^^Shore (17)^^^^

                                                                                 ^^^Shore (17)^^^^

My mother, Melody Black, sadly died giving birth to my little sisters, North and South. Because of this my grandmother Ariel, who we've never spoke to before, but heard the stories from our mother. We are driving to retrieve her in the most unnoticeable way. If you didn't know, we are mermaids and we have to stay undiscovered because if you are discovered they take you to the zoo or if you're unlucky you become a science project. So here we are my sister's and I driving to the Pacific Ocean. We don't have a long drive since mom didn't want to be too far from the ocean since grandma lives near there. Ever since mom died dad has been gone. We know he's somewhere in the ocean.

As we pulled up to the shore where grandma will be coming out of. We only have to wait for a few minutes, thankfully. My older sister, Dew, steps out of the car with some clothes. I watch as grandma Ariel, who doesn't look like a grandmother since mermaids age differently than humans, steps into the car. My grandma is a well known mermaid. She married a human named Eric, everyone knows the story since the made a movie about it called "The Little Mermaid". If you haven't watched it then you should because it stars my grandmother.

"How are you girls?" My grandmother randomly asks on the car ride back. "I haven't seen you two guys since you were born, Shore." Yep, that's my name. Every one of my sisters are named after things that have to do with the ocean. I got the lucky name of Shore. And if you didn't know I'm the second oldest, so she hasn't meet any of my other siblings. Yeah, and there's twenty two children in total, that includes me and Dew. My parents were pretty busy and never thought of birth control, sadly. Are ages vary from eighteen to newborn, but thankfully there are four sets of twins. Meaning mom had fourteen pregnancies. As soon as we get home I see the mess we call our front yard. Toys littered the halls as we passed screaming children.

"Baltic, please don't hit Aegean." Dew shouted at one of our younger siblings. I turned around in time to see my grandma Ariel almost trip over Aegean then a toy.

"So where is your father, Harbour?" My grandma asked as we walked into the kitchen. She smiled as she saw Aqua feeding one of the newborns at the table, North I think. I watched as North pulled on her long black hair.

"Ow." Aqua stated as she pulled her hair out of North's strong grip.

"Maybe you should keep it up, Aqua." Brook and Bay stated at the same time as the walked into the kitchen to grab some food. Each carrying a baby on each hip. Caspian or Cassie for short on Brook's hip and Mediterranea or Meddie for short. I watched as the grabbed some juice and crackers as i sat down on a stool then walk out. I heard South begin to scream upstairs, but it only lasts a couple of seconds before I hear footsteps leading downstairs. I watch as Cove walks into the kitchen with South in her hands as Celtic follows close behind her.

"Celtic, could you make a bottle?" Cove asks as she switches holding South in one arm to another. Cove moves South's black hair out of her eyes as she sits down in a chair next to Aqua. I watched as Caribbean slowly walked into the kitchen. Slowly sinking into my lap. Sailor walked in with her headphones in her ears. The music was on full blast as she walked out the back door to our pool to swim, like she does everyday.

Rain ran into the kitchen with Lagoon close on her tail, shouting the whole time about wearing her clothes. Cordelia came in all sweaty from her work out. As soon as she grabbed her a water bottle she left she keep working out. Adriatic and Nile came in standing in a corner watching all the chaos happen; from screaming babies and hungry teenagers. River walked in with her boyfriend in tow. They held hands as she screamed about going on a date with Cupid or Casper, something like that. As Red walked in with her boy of the night, freshly showered.

"Shore. Shore. Shore? Shore!" Dew was shouting my name but I hadn't been paying attention since i was watching all the children do their everyday things, but as soon as she shouted my name she had all of my attention. "Will you take grandma Ariel to her room?" I nodded my head and without a word started walking to grandma's new room. After years of being on shore my parents have a lot of money, so everyone has their own room as well as a few guest rooms. My blonde hair swayed in the wind as I turned a corner.

"This is your room. If you need anything we'll be downstairs." I stated as I turned and closed the door after me as I left to get ready for work.