Chapter 23

Chris's point of view

^^^Chris's mom^^^

I was eating dinner with my family. After dinner me and father would go to the lab. He wanted to show me a few things. I watched as my parents did speak to each other. They were only together until I moved out otherwise they would've left each other years ago. What am I talking about their only in the same room when guests are here or dinner time. I stirred my peas losing my appetite second by second of being near my parents. You could always feel the hate without them even speaking to each other. Just being in the same room as them is making me angry. I don't really know why I was angry maybe because my parents are going to get a divorce or they weren't talking to each other or even me. My mom drank and slept around with men after men while my father dealt with his work, away from home. It's how we were so rich. He worked his ass off only to stay away from mother. I stopped bothering to get mother's affection. I moved on to the best next thing, my father. It was the only reason I did that to River. I wanted his affection, praise, and love. I love her that's why I suggested using my DNA. When I help them escape, after she's been fertilized we can run.

My father cleared his throat. He nodded down to the peas I was moving around in anticipation. I looked down and began to scoop up what was left of the peas. Once I was finished I left with my father close behind.

I didn't take long to get to the laboratory. My father used his keycard and fingerprints to open the door. "I have a few surprises for you, Connor. One of them is a keycard to be able to get in the laboratory. I knew I would want it if my future child was in here." He stated as he handed me a keycard. "Don't lose it." He told me sternly. I nodded my head telling him I understood.

We walked in more silence like the car ride here. He opened door after door, getting deeper and deeper in the building with a few turns here and there. He opened one more door before I saw where we were going. I saw a woman strapped down on a metal table. Her red hair covered her green eyes, I could tell they were green because of the quick glare she sent me and my father.

"Don't stop on our account, Brian." My father said when, Brian, stopped whatever he was doing. I watched as he pulled scales off the girl's tail. I listened as she screamed her lungs out, watching as tears streamed down her face. I stared at the girl sick to my stomach. "Her name is Ariel. She's the grandmother of your River." He said watching my reaction. This was River's grandma. I blinked at the new information not knowing what to do with it.

I think I gave him the reaction he wanted well I didn't give him a reaction at all. He turned around to walk out the door but I didn't, I waited a few minutes. I watched a few more of her scales be removed before I turned and left. She didn't look like a grandma, I thought as we walked to another few doors. We ended up in a bathroom.

"Did we take a wrong turn?" I asked as I saw the toilet.

"No." He then he handed me a cup. I looked at it questionable. Looking up at my father I waited for further instructions. "We need your sperm. We need to know every inch of the DNA." He told me as he turned to leave. I looked at the cup before locking the door and sliding my pants down.